5'7 women

Options
any 5'7 women out there? what is ur weight and weight loss goals? what have u tried and what works for you? what types of exericses do you do? and anything else you want to share

i am 5'7 and weigh 130lbs. my goal weight is 120lbs. i have not been able to lose any more weight though. no matter what i do i stay the same weight. i workout almost everyday. i LOVE zumba. i am a mother of two and work part time and go to school full time to become a therapist. i have however been able to increase my running. i used to not be able to run even 3 min without thinking i was dying but i can now run at a 1 incline at 5mph for 35 min. how about u?

Replies

• Runninginafatsuit
    Runninginafatsuit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm 5'7 and I can't imagine being 120 lbs. Maybe you can't lose anymore because you're at a weight that your body is happy with? My current weight is 197 and I'm trying to get down to 160 for my first goal and then 150-140 for a final goal, depending on how I look at that point.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am a bit taller but if it helps, I am 5'8.5" I am currently 149lbs but my goal weight is 135, and maybe lower once I reach that goal.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    im about 136 pounds..
    and my goal isnt really weight related..
    i just wanna drop a dress size..
    which is proberlly like a stone maybe..?
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 122-123 pounds depending on the day. :-) I think 120 is too low for me however everyone is built different.
  • trailrider1963
    Options
    I'm 5'7", currently weigh 187 with a goal of 145. Honestly, I think 120 is too thin for this height. I weighed 120 for awhile about 25 years ago and looking back I think I was too thin, although I didn't have to work at it. Maybe you can't lose weight because your body is trying to tell you that 130 is a good weight for you.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    That sounds really small for 5'7.
    My GW is 160 but ideally I want to be in fitness model shape- which may bring my weight higher or lower - who knows .I have a large build and I am fairly muscular..
  • KellyS0828
    KellyS0828 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and weight 189. My goal is 155 to 160. According to medical weight charts, the ideal weight for my height is 135-164. I haven't weighed 130 since high school.
  • Tcasillas
    Options
    I am 5'8'' and my goal is 160.. Possibly 150 depending on how I look. But 130 is a good weight forbyour height.
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    5'7.....my current weight is 229...I took my profile pic today. My first weightloss goal is 200..:drinker:
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Although i posted.. i think iv gotten taller in the last couple of days..
    Might be 5ft 8" now..
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm about 5' 7.5 or 8. I started at 134, and I weigh 122 right now. My goal is 120. I am small framed, and although 120 is light, it is where I feel best. Trying for the washboard stomach!! I don't listen to people who say 120 is too low... being 120 gives me a few pounds to gain before I need to worry, and I like having growing room:-)
  • Tcasillas
    Options
    I honestly think its very thin for your height. Dont worry so much about the scale. Im sure you lok great!
  • lifeisfunner
    Options
    I am 5'7 as well. I was 235 and I have gotten myself down to 153. I am aiming to get to 145. I want a healthy build and I think anything smaller than that I would just be losing muscle.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I am seriously small framed too, but I'm 5'2.5". I'm 109 right now and that is pretty darn thin. I lost a little I didn't want to lose because of my training. And I say this because of the other person who said don't listen to what other people are telling you. Again, I'm much shorter than you and 11lbs less than you want to hit looks VERY thin on me. Be careful.

@ 5'7" that puts your BMI @ 18.8, which is healthy, but barely so. My BMI of 19.6, again is higher than you're trying to achieve and again, I'm looking pretty thin. If you have any muscle, I would imagine that would look seriously thin.
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 as well. I was 235 and I have gotten myself down to 153. I am aiming to get to 145. I want a healthy build and I think anything smaller than that I would just be losing muscle.
    i am a hair under 5'7 and my goal is 145. i am currently at 25% body fat and my goal is to get to around 20%. i was 135 about 12 years ago and you could see all of my ribs and lots of bones sticking out, it was disgusting. i will even be happy at 150 if i continue to put on muscle the way i have been!
  • cassimus
    cassimus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I'm currently at 227.3... My short term goal weight is 200 and my final goal weight is roughly 150-160, because that is still in the healthy BMI range according to my doctor!
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my current weight is 256. I am down 12 pounds since I came to MFP. I don't really have any mini goals. Anything under my current weight is a accomplishment. Hopefully I can get down to about 175, once I get there I will re-evaluate
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7 and at 122 pounds. not looking to lose, not looking to gain. my husband would prefer me to put on 10-15 pounds and i get a lot of criticism for being too skinny but i don't listen. this is def my happy weight. i started at 165.5
  • plutoniansmash
    Options
    I'm 5'7", current weight is 154. My starting weight was 173. I'm looking to lose another 10lbs in the next month or so (going to Liverpool!!) and then gradually lose another 10 over the next year or so for a goal weight of about 135 :)

This is the thinnest I've ever been so I have no idea what my body will look like then! If I'm not satisfied at 135 I might go lower, but I have a big frame, so I personally can't imagine myself at 120... but maybe that's because I've lived most of my life so far above that number haha!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    It depends on your bone structure, etc. Each person is different as to what looks good on them. You could have two 5'7 people look totally different with the same number on the scale. I don't think 120 is too light if you are really small framed.