No More Trouble Zones-Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Options
Let me preface this by saying that I haven't worked out since the beginning of July and am horribly out of shape.

I attempted JM's No More Trouble Zones for the first time today. I only got 2 and a half circuits in when I had to stop. I was shaking and felt like I was going to throw up.

Here is my question for anyone who has done this workout before (preferrably someone with a similar story): If I'm able to move tomorrow, and if I'm bold enough to try again, do You think that I should start at the beginning or pick up where I left off in an attempt to work more of my body?

Replies

• luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I just finished doing that dvd entirely through the other day, and I've owned it since last fall. haha. My problem is usually a time factor. But I think a good idea for you (I'm planning to use similar idea because it really does have some good moves/stuff on this dvd!) is to split the dvd in circuits. For example, do 2-3 circuits one day, and 2-3 another. Then work your way up to 3-4 circuits a day. & so on.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I think that is what I will have to do.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    What a sensible idea now I'm not so afraid to try it. I have watched it from the sofa while I've been ill. Hope to be well enough in the next day or so to try some of it. Have lent my copy of 30 DS to daughter who is loving it.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Jen, please do it. I need a friend.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    excercising to the point of throwing up is great. not only are you working hard, but think of all the water weight you drop when you do.
    hahaha

but seriously, there are no rules that say you have to do it all at once.
    do what you can one day, then the next day try to go a bit further
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just did that DVD yesterday for the first time since May. I very nearly died- had to stop multiple times- but I finished it. After recovering (like 2 hours later), I decided that I'm going to crush that thing by the end of Sept! I have iffy knees, so I don't want to do it every day, but I'm going to shoot for every other day whenever possible. If you keep tabs on me, I'll keep tabs on you:flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I just did that DVD yesterday for the first time since May. I very nearly died- had to stop multiple times- but I finished it. After recovering (like 2 hours later), I decided that I'm going to crush that thing by the end of Sept! I have iffy knees, so I don't want to do it every day, but I'm going to shoot for every other day whenever possible. If you keep tabs on me, I'll keep tabs on you:flowerforyou:

Will do!
  • melo78
    melo78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh man, you guys are freakin' me out! I was just about to start today. I did two rounds of 30DS, wanted to try something new so I bought NMTZ and Ripped in 30. So, now you have me asking what to do. Since I did 30DS I haven't worked out (about 2ish weeks). I already feel back out of shape.. Do you guys have any of her other videos?
  • dlj1970
    Options
    If you did 30DS, you will be fine!! I think the biggest difference is that it is a longer workout. I also started with 3lb weights, when I should have gone back to my 2lb ones. As was suggested, just take breaks if you need to. It's a great workout: )
  • CricketKate
    Options
    If you did 30DS, you will be fine!! I think the biggest difference is that it is a longer workout. I also started with 3lb weights, when I should have gone back to my 2lb ones. As was suggested, just take breaks if you need to. It's a great workout: )

Agreed! I don't think it would have been so difficult if I hadn't taken a 2 month break.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I did the cardio warm-up and then did circuits 3, 4, 5 followed by the cool down. Now I'm wonderfully wiped out!
  • dlj1970
    Options
    Awesome job!! I didn't get any sleep last night, so I'm beat and cranky. Gonna go to yoga tonight to get my head back on straight, and then I'll do it tmrw AM. Wish me luck!!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Tuesday 23/8/11 Morning :smile:
    Did it. That was more than hard. A real toughie. Had to modify a lot and as for that surrender one. Well I Surrended! On the positive I have left myself a lot of room for improvement. Be interesting to see how the body feels tomorrow.
    Ssshh.. but it sort of feels good to have Jillian back in my life.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Ah, Jen, I know what you mean about having Jillian back.:blushing: They say that children thrive with stability and structure. Maybe Jillian is my adult figure.:ohwell:

I did the warm-up, circuits 5, 6, 7, and the cool down. I'm trying to do 3 circuits a day, though, I think that I could do more circuits if I don't do circuit 3. Those lunges are killer for me.
  • Fitladyboo
    Options
    Jillian ROCKS. I love this workout. It's a tough one for sure and I can make it thru the warm up and three circuits on a good day but I've only finished the whole workout once and I've owned this DVD for a couple of years.. lmao. Don't get discouraged and keep on changing it up and doing a couple of different circuits every time you do it.. it prevents you from getting bored of it and challenges you in different ways. :)
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Wednesday, the day after day 1. Sore very sore. Love it. But maybe need a days rest already. :blushing:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I did the warm-up, circuits 7, 1, and 2, and the cool down.

I'm not burning as many calories as I did Shredding, though I think that it depends on which circuits I do. My abs and buns never hurt this bad shredding:happy:
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I did it. I am sore. I love it but I will not be doing it daily.
    My daughter tried it. It killed her but she loved it and wants to buy her own copy.
    Big Jillian fans here. :love:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I did the warm-up, circuits 2, 3, and 4, and the cool down.

5 days straight, but I've never finished it all at once.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Well done Kate. I now have to try and but my daughter her own copies of the Jillian DVD's.