Wow - That had how few calories ?!!?

14567810»

Replies

• I'll second the sauerkraut. Delicious.

Fat Free Feta Cheese
    Peel eat Shrimp
    Peaches
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I got serious mind-blowage with strawberries dipped in whipped cream.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Shirataki noodles!!! I just made a HUGE very satisfying stirfry full of veggies and pork and these noodles and my husband (loves his big portions) couldn't believe how much he could have for only 500 calories. A whole package of these noodles are only 40 cal. I think the same amount of vermecilli noodles (which IMO these are pretty much exactly like) would be like 400 cal!
  • dashagrr
    dashagrr Posts: 43 Member
    Whole potatoes (I was surprised, so filling), mushrooms, veggies in general (especially cauliflower, cucumber, cabbage). Someone mentioned McDonald's ice cream - yes! Pork tenderloin, filet mignon, shrimp for protein.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I'm sure it's been mentioned , but PB2. I'm obsessed w/ PB&Js. It took those from roughly 450 calories to 150, depending on the bread used. It was a revelation!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I'm sure it's been mentioned , but PB2. I'm obsessed w/ PB&Js. It took those from roughly 450 calories to 150, depending on the bread used. It was a revelation!

I found some on sale and bought it yesterday! Tried it for the first time this AM on a waffle. Pretty darn good! And at 50 Cals per serving VS 120?? This will be a good trade off for a lot of things!
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    A friend of mine is sooo into the "pop corn doesn't have many calories", she eats them by the bucket! (oil popped too!) Is it really that you don't have to watch portions with popcorn?

For me: egg white, canned sardines, papaya - not my favorite fruit before, but one of my go to now when I need fruits and don't have calories to spare
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    tostitos queso. with a serving of chips its under 200 calories and its one of the few snacks that actually fills me up a bit
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Kodiak Pancakes, yep!

53 grams which is supposed to be a half a cup of powder mix and a half a cup of water makes a stack for 180 calories. Add on 30 calories of sugar free maple syrup and I am happy at just over 200 calories! I have this almost every weekend cause I can. Heck I can even have two servings if I want.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Milk Duds. 130 calories in 10. And you can make them last a long time.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    From my local coffee shop: one cup plained steamed almond milk with a shot of Routin 1883 brand sugar free vanilla syrup. 35 calories. I like it because their steamer froths it, too. I miss froth at home.

Beef jerky. An ounce averages about 70 calories, and it’s very filling.

Chimes (available from World Market) or The Ginger People’s Gin-Gins (Trader Joe’s) ginger chews. Small, low calorie sweet and spicy, and very satisfying if you can just let them melt in your mouth.

Dave’s Killer Bread products: the 60 calorie thin multi-grain/seed slices are really good. Even the cashiers piped up and were giving them raves at Kroger, lol. And their English muffins are fantastic and 140 calories, especially the ones in the red bags. Great with just a tiny sweep of almond butter and honey!

Home made chicken and barley soup. We have a rotisserie chicken for Sunday dinner, and then throw the carcass in the Instant Pot with a sautéed onion, garlic, a ton of carrots and celery (keep the celery leaves- they add flavor), broth, and whatever herbs sound good (a pinch of cayenne livens it up, too!). Let it do it’s thing and depressurize, fish out the bones and shred the meat, then set it on sautée to bring it to a boil, and throw in a cup of Trader Joe’s ten minute barley. 205 calories for about two large hearty cups of soup. Can also skip the barley and throw some Bisquick dumplings on top to steam for chicken and dumplings for not many more calories than the basic soup.
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Lean pork....so much protein, variety and taste. I have to have crackling if it's roast pork joint though.
  • SquirrelBrain
    SquirrelBrain Posts: 58 Member
    edited February 2019
    Dave’s Killer Bread products: the 60 calorie thin multi-grain/seed slices are really good. Even the cashiers piped up and were giving them raves at Kroger, lol. And their English muffins are fantastic and 140 calories, especially the ones in the red bags. Great with just a tiny sweep of almond butter and honey!

Yes, this! I just discovered the Dave's Killer Bread English Muffins last week. So good. I've been toasting them and putting a banana on top with a teaspoon flaxseed, and maple syrup drizzled over the top for about 250 calories depending on the size of banana.
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Roasted beets (in a salad with greens of choice, homemade vinaigrette and crumbled goat cheese). Summer, when will you come back?
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Homemade Eggs Benedict.
    Yes, the real thing. Full-fat everything. Eggs, homemade hollandaise.

Its not low-calorie, but its a reasonable amount for dinner, and very satisfying.
    In non-restaurant portions, many foods can be fit into a reasonable daily allotment.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    First time I've seen this thread and I believe I've asked myself that question never lol. I wouldn't mind some pleasant surprises these days though. :)
  • Bedazzled35
    Bedazzled35 Posts: 51 Member

I hasten to add that we are not discussing the candy coated chocolate Smarties sold in countries like the UK, Ireland, Canada, Germany, and South Africa. [/quote]

I wish 😊

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Aldi orange dark chocolate covered ricecake bars. Chocolate! Decent amount of it! For 92 calories!