Carb Cycling? Any experts out there?

So I hit my goal weight a month ago and I would still like to lose some more BF, by focusing on small gains through carb cycling. I’m not going crazy and my maintenance cals are about 1,800 / day. On days I cycle carbs, I’m targeting 2,000 cals.

My carb goals are about 150g on non-workout days and 200g on workout days.

Does this make sense? Will I be adding enough to help with gains while still burning some fat? Really not wanting to go into a bulk session for gains. Just looking to gain slowly and cut the last % of BF. Any advice or opinions?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Depending on your height weight tat maintenance seems really low...I’m 5’3”, 157 right now and maintaining on 2300avg a day

That being said I do calorie cycle - I have 3 levels that I rotate through which helps

I’m assuming you are doing a progressive strength training plan?
  • maronesax1972
    maronesax1972 Posts: 272 Member
    I’ve cut cardio back drastically and am focused on progressive lifting. Targeting 40% protein in my macros which comes out to 1g per pound. So the 1,850 cals is a slight deficit to maintenance but has substantial proteins in it. I’ve been able to maintain weight with this the last month but want to see that BF continue to drop and see lean muscle go up slightly.