Keto depression

Hi everyone, I'm on my second week of the keto diet and have lost 2.3kg so far. I don't have any sugar spikes anymore but I seem to be feeling so low (depressed, sad,empty) can it be linked to my diet? I struggle to get enough fat and fibre in..I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same? I'm not sure if it's sugar withdrawals...would appreciate if I can get some opinions! Thanks

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited January 2019
    Fatty_Nuff wrote: »
    I'd give it another week and if you don't think you are adapting well, maybe move from keto <20 grams to low carb 50 or so grams, by increasing your carb intake to a more sustainable level. Not everyone does well with the keto diet. As for "sugar withdrawal", I'm not sure that is a scientific thing, as there is always sugar (glucose) circulating in the bloodstream. Even on a zero carb diet. Hope you feel better soon.

keto is 50g net or less. low carb is over 50 up to 100/150g. OP look up keto and depression and there are a lot of things on the internet about it including in keto forum boards.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    this one is satyrical but makes valid points https://drbillsukala.com/carbohysteria-letter-to-carbohydrate/
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Are you getting all your vitamins? Restrictive diets often make certain vits tricky/rare