WAISTING A-WEIGH - AUGUST TEAM CHALLENGE ((CLOSED GROUP))

Options

Replies

• dkjohnson
    Options
    I will walk an extra 5 miles this week.

My favorite recipe is:

Arnold's sanwich thins 100% whole wheat 100 calories
    Peanut butter & co The bee's knees peanut butter w/honey 2 tbsp. 180 calories
    sliced small banana 90 calories

total 370 calories
  • shevyface
    Options
    Posting to say I've done 5 miles on the bike this week! Also, my favorite recipe:

bean burger / 297 calories

1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
    6 wheat crackers, crushed
    1 egg, beaten
    1/2 cup shredded low fat cheese
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/4 cup peanut oil
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Favorite recipe:

Healthy Pancakes

2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
    1 cup buttermilk powder (see Note)
    5 tablespoons dried egg whites, such as Just Whites
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 cup flaxseed meal
    1 cup nonfat dry milk
    1/2 cup wheat bran or oat bran

directions

Whisk flour, buttermilk powder, dried egg whites, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Stir in flaxseed meal, dry milk and bran. Makes 6 cups pancake mix. To make pancakes:
    Combine 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk, 1/4 cup canola oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a glass measuring cup.
    Place 2 cups pancake mix in a large bowl. (Refrigerate the remaining pancake mix in an airtight container for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 3 months.) Make a well in the center of the pancake mix. Whisk in the milk mixture until just blended; do not overmix. (The batter will seem quite thin, but will thicken up as it stands.) Let stand for 5 minutes.
    Coat a nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Whisk the batter. Using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, cook pancakes until the edges are dry and bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes. Turn over and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes longer. Adjust heat as necessary for even browning. Makes 6 servings, 2 pancakes each.

Per serving: 497 calories; 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat, 3 g mono unsaturated fat); 12 mg cholesterol; 75 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 14 g fiber; 1331 mg sodium; 908 mg potassium Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (24% daily value), Fiber (20% dv)
  • dkjohnson
    Options
    Day 5
    Completed 100 AB Crunches
    Completed 50 Squat/Kicks
  • dkjohnson
    Options
    Lost 1.4 pounds for this week.
  • powerthree
    Options
    yippe all challenges completed for the week inc. 1000 sit-ups
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    this week's challenges??? anybody know????
  • 3trees
    3trees Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Catniss - Gary posted them. I'll see if I can copy and paste them here. Sarah / 3Trees
  • 3trees
    Options
    From Gary:
    Some people have missed the week 4 daily challenges somehow so here they are again.

Day 1: 2 sets of 20 Windshield Wipers, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of Swimmer’s Press
    Day 2: 2 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps
    Day 3: 20 Split Squat Jumps, 3 sets of 20 Wood Chops
    Day 4: 40 ZigZag Hops, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Press
    Day 5: 2 sets of 20 Burpees, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps
    Day 6: 20 Mountain Climbers, 3 Sets of 20 Wood Chops, 3 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps
    Rest on Sunday (or day of choice)

For tomorrow's [monday's] challenges you can watch the exercise animations here to learn how to do them. http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/plyometricexercises.html

So, who wants to keep going in September? Teams of only 10.
  • dkjohnson
    Options
    Day 1: 2 sets of 20 Windshield Wipers, 3 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of Swimmer’s Press

Completed

8 glasses of water

under calorie count

Am I placing this information in the correct place??
  • 3trees
    Options
    Great job, dk.

You can post here to stay accountable and motivate others. I probably should as well.

Critical is to email Jill (bigeffinmess) at the end of each week with that weeks starting weight, ending weight, whether you
    did the challenges each day, and your contribution to any extra weekly team challenge (walking, crunches, etc). Oh, making water
    goal each day, too.
  • 3trees
    Options
    Well, I'm guessing our fearless leader is overwhelmed with life right now. It can happen to any of us. No worries, Jill. I hope things get better for you soon. Please let me know if I can somehow help.

If any here want to keep going in September, Gary6030 is putting together smaller teams of 10 each for September. I'd suggest you contact him directly if you are interested. He's upping the ante again - more exercises - so think before you leap about whether this is what you want for September.
  • 3trees
    Options
    In case you missed it, here's a link Gary posted for today's challenge. August only has 1 week and 1 day left - keep at it!

Day 2: 2 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps Squat Kicks and Globe Jumps are repeats. Tuck jumps can be found below. Let's Bring it folks! If you need demonstrations on the exercise challenges here they are: http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/plyometricexercises.html

Ugh, tuck jumps are one of my weakest exercises...but I'll try. Good luck, team!
  • Shiloh101
    Shiloh101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks 3trees.
  • 3trees
    Options
    You're welcome, Shiloh!

So, if anyone else is in it for September, let Gary3060 know. If you want to stay together, you can request to be with me. :-)
    I think we need more communication for stronger team building - I'm willing to help with that.

Gary posted another mini-challenge. I only saw it now, after I'm in bed - so I'll be doing this tomorrow. Care to join me?

Here' s the link...oh yeah its for an extra point for your team. make sure to let your captain know if you did it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM&playnext=1&list=PLA2E34CD9004F5FD9 They aren't as bad as you think! mwahahahaha go fight win!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i've just messged gary about september
    is the mini challenge to do the one video that comes up or the ones that follow it too?
  • 3trees
    Options
    Here's another post from Gary. I'm just lagging a day behind, as I don't see these until I scan through posts at the end of the day.

Did you do your tabata today? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfuU3TSsFM&playnext=1&list=PLA2E34CD9004F5FD9 If not get on it! I'm loving these. You will surprise yourself in two ways. Harder than it looks.....and you can do it!

Bubbles- glad to hear you're going to give Sept a go! The mini-challenge is just that 4 min workout.
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    i'll have more time to myself in september to get back into full time exercising with only one instead of five children at home!

i did the challenge, it wasn't too hard until it came to the press ups!
  • 3trees
    Options
    Nice work, Bubbles! I like these mini-workouts. I'm on a break from P90X and these kind of keep me in the spirit.

Here's today's post from Gary:
    August Challenge Week 4! Day 5: 2 sets of 20 Burpees, 50 Squat Kicks, 20 Globe Jumps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MGljX4bbps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc WOO HOO! Substitute for bad knees toe touches and crunches! Let's get it done!
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    can't believe it's 3 of my worst work outs in one! i do the wusses burpee - i step out but jump up IYKWIM and i just hate globe jumps cos i can't jump backwards!