Naturally Slim

2»

Replies

• hannahthesoundgirl
    hannahthesoundgirl Posts: 15 Member
    I started doing Naturally Slim because it helps me get points for my insurance. The program was free to me. The basic principals are to eat slowly, only eat when you're hungry, eat what you're hungry for, and stop when you're satisfied. I have continued to have small desserts, some fries, burgers, etc. and have lost about 30 lbs so far since February. I like it because I hate feeling restricted on what I can eat. I generally eat fairly healthy, but sometimes I want a burger. I also like that I don't have to count calories. I never keep up with that for very long and it seems so tedious and I feel like I'm either way over- or way under-estimating the calories in food I'm eating.
  • hannahthesoundgirl
    hannahthesoundgirl Posts: 15 Member
    raspuller wrote: »
    My employer had it as a offering which was tied to insurance premiums reductions. I tried it but found it to be a little silly. It was a long time ago but I think it was based on a premise of a 16:8 fast schedule and something about adding a tablespoon of OJ to water every morning. In any event, the video lectures or whatever that was on the weekly learning portal were terrible and boring and I gave up after a couple of weeks.

I will agree--I hate the videos. But... the principals do work well for me, so I got through them.
  • lisapetty1202
    lisapetty1202 Posts: 1 Member
    I just stumbled across this thread and thought I'd read what people were saying. I think that since the program keeps expanding it may be improving than it was when this thread began.

My husband and I just finished the Foundations part of Naturally Slim and we just started the NS4You part. His insurance is paying for it. My husband has lost 11 pounds and I have lost 16 in 10 weeks, with a Christmas holiday in there! I suspect it would have been more if we didn't travel to visit relatives during that time. Also, we exercise very little.

I don't mind the videos, I am finding them helpful for the most part. They can be repetitious but they even said that is how you learn, by repetition. The program is all about relearning to eat. We eat what we want. It's how and when.

I've done Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, counted calories/exercise. I've spent over 20 years obese. This time feels different. I feel different, better. I actually have more energy. I am actually looking forward to getting fit and getting outdoors more. I highly recommend the program, especially if your employer/insurance will pay for it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I think that's it. Doing some research - looking for any information on it. Anyone? Successes? Problems?

if you dont think paying $400 for something you can get here for free a problem, then go for it!
  • TavistockToad
    My husband is doing the NS program with his work and I’m watching the videos with him. I really like some of the principles, like learning to be attuned to when you are satisfied. Where the program seems to really differ is waiting until you reach a certain level of hunger before you eat. My questions are-What effect does that have on one’s metabolism? How does a normal working person with a schedule do the program successfully?

nothing happens to ones metabolism just because you're a bit hungry
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    No matter how weight is lost, it’s ALWAYS about eating at a calorie deficit, ALWAYS.

This type of program wouldn’t work for me as it takes a while for my brain to get the signal from my stomach that it’s full. By that time I’ve overeaten.

Whatever works for each person.
  • TavistockToad

:grumble:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    It is like the walking dead in here lately with all the zombie threads.

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    ModernRock wrote: »

Imagine the beauty of all "can I have a cheat day" and "should I eat back my exercise calories?" contained to two discussion threads.

THIS!!!!!
  • JusaintRite
    JusaintRite Posts: 3 Member
    @leahdp68 very interesting are you working out and doing the program or just program ??