Intermittent fasting

Options
how long we can be on intermittent fasting without any damage

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do you mean how long can you fast in one period, or how long can you follow an IF style of eating?
  • Soul_mate
    Soul_mate Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Second one.. For how many days we can continue IF?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Second one.. For how many days we can continue IF?

as long as you want, if its an eating style you enjoy.
  • Soul_mate
    Options
    Hey Rozbee, just three days in two weeks.. I am fasting daily for 16-17 hours In 8 days i lost 2 pounds..
    u deed it same in 3 days
  • Soul_mate
    Options
    I would like to continue this for rest of my life.. i have been saving a good time now since i eat only twice a day..
    just wanted to know is it healthy?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I would like to continue this for rest of my life.. i have been saving a good time now since i eat only twice a day..
    just wanted to know is it healthy?

what you eat has more to do with how healthy you are than when you eat
  • Soul_mate
    Options
    Oh great, thanks.. now I am new to this community and want to know how you tag the reply to particular post like u have done above.. I m posting from a PC.. is that a reason
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Oh great, thanks.. now I am new to this community and want to know how you tag the reply to particular post like u have done above.. I m posting from a PC.. is that a reason

click the 'quote' button under the post you want to reply to.
  • Soul_mate
    Options

click the 'quote' button under the post you want to reply to.

Ohk thanks
  • Soul_mate
    Options
    Hey I lost 2 KG in 14 days.. through intermittent fasting and of course with lot of sweating on running field.. want to continue it for 25-30 weeks.. is it safe?
  • Soul_mate
    Options
    I am following 16-17 hours fasting daily.. since 2nd January
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    I am following 16-17 hours fasting daily.. since 2nd January

Some people only eat one meal a day. What matters is that you're getting enough of what your body needs to run every day. If you're really worried about your health then bring it up with your dr.
  • juststartedrunningagain
    Options
    How do you folks get out of the habit of breakfast? This is my downfall and where actually where most of kcal
    Comes from but when I wake up I
    Am moody and want something. How do you prolong your fast or just get your mind off food?
  • Soul_mate
    Options
    How do you folks get out of the habit of breakfast? This is my downfall and where actually where most of kcal
    Am moody and want something. How do you prolong your fast or just get your mind off food?

Humm I also had habit of eating too much in breakfast.. i used to have 8-10 biscuits with tea.. then full breakfast .. Now i completely stopped breakfast.. It wz difficult fir 2-3 days.. but then i got used to it
  • earthlycreative
    earthlycreative Posts: 3 Member
    Options

It takes a few days, but your body/insulin will adjust. I was the same before intermittent fasting, and go back to being "hangry" in the morning if I eat go late in the evening. You just have to push through the first few days, and trust that you're not actually 'starving' ;-) If you have the time in the morning, this is a perfect opportunity to work out, run errands, clean house, meditate. Really! Once you get into the mindset, it becomes normal to skip the morning meal - you won't even think about it. But give it time, fill your time productively and it will soon become your new normal. (Think ahead to lunch! It's going to be glorious!)
  • earthlycreative
    earthlycreative Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    "...eat TOO late in the evening."
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

There are some people that IF is simply not a good fit for. Some people are lightheaded or sluggish in the AM if they don't eat. If you think a shorter eating window will help you stick to your calorie goal, it's certainly worth trying, but not if you are going to be miserable every morning :smile:

I realized I wasn't hungry in the morning and was only eating because I was supposed to. So I started skipping breakfast and accidentally doing 16:8 IF. Then one day a few months ago, I started waking up hungry and obsessing about food. After just forcing myself to wait until later to eat for a few days, I finally just started eating in the AM again and spread my calories out more. No difference in calories or results, just had to switch to control my appetite better.

It would probably help if you were busy in the AM. You can also try a cup of coffee, some people find it suppresses appetite.
  • Soul_mate
    Options

But what some study say that ladies shouldnt skip breakfast.. so being female you might choose to eat from 10:am to 4:00 pm. Fasting for 16 hours can be adjusted as per your convinience.. If you feel more hungry in morning.. skip dinner and have breakfast
  • Soul_mate
    Options
    I do all the damage to my diet on Sundays.. I end up eating all the non sense on Sunday which i easily avoid all six weekdays. Probably Sundays are not good for me? what to do?