Will I ever have wider hips? And how do I get them?

Hi. I’ve been trying to gain weight so I can get wider hips, but I can’t seem go over 95 pounds. My weight always drops back down to 86-88 pounds, no matter how much I eat. I’m 4’10, my bust is 36 inches, waist is 24 inches and my hips are 31 inches. I feel like look really awkward because most of the clothes I want to wear don’t look good on me and doesn’t fit. Please help🥺

Replies

• monicamurat3
    monicamurat3 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Are you logging your food, accurately and consistently? You can't direct where the fat will go, but if you want/need to gain weight at all, set your goal to gain 0.5lbs per week and keep hitting that calorie goal. The previous linked threads will give you lots more info!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    I'm 4'10" and I wish I had your problem. I haven't been 95 lbs in 2 years.

It’s not really a good problem to have. Because I’m underweight, I get really sick on my period. 🤕

A lot of people don't understand that there are major risks to being underweight. My heart goes out to you.

From my personal experience, eating more of what I can tolerate (malabsorption issues), and lifting made a huge difference. Check out Stong Curves lifting program.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    I'm 4'10" and I wish I had your problem. I haven't been 95 lbs in 2 years.

It’s not really a good problem to have. Because I’m underweight, I get really sick on my period. 🤕

It's not a good problem to have and it's hard for others to understand this
    I have gs finally (by logging my good and exercise accurately) managed to gain weight. Accurate logging is important as you may not be eating as much as you think you are! The links posted above are really helpful. However, I still have quite narrow hips. It's genetic and there is nothing I can do about it.
    I agree you could check out the Strong Curves programme which might help you to get the shape you want but you'll need to eat in a calorie surplus as well
  • preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    You can do body exercises and eating more. I do lunges, glute bridges, squats, hip thrust and my butt and hips are growing bigger. Maybe it can help
  • MokhtarB
    MokhtarB Posts: 29 Member
    How many calories you eating a day?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    You can do body exercises and eating more. I do lunges, glute bridges, squats, hip thrust and my butt and hips are growing bigger. Maybe it can help

they may be growing IF you are adding muscle/fat but otherwise once you are an adult your hips usually dont get bigger unless you have children. you cant make your bone structure larger than it already is. you cant change your genes either so if you have small hips they wont get bigger except for maybe gaining fat or muscle therefore increasing the circumfrence but you wont increase the size if your hips. does that make sense?all the exercise in the world wont change that. I have big hips and I cant change that. I can lose the fat and muscle surrounding them and make the area smaller but its not changing my actual hips.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Your hip width is primarily determined by your pelvic bone. There isn't anything you can do about that once one reaches peak bone maturity.

What you can do, however, is increase muscle mass about the glutes and legs which will add shape (fullness) around the hips, making them appear wider.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Your hip width is primarily determined by your pelvic bone. There isn't anything you can do about that once one reaches peak bone maturity.

What you can do, however, is increase muscle mass about the glutes and legs which will add shape (fullness) around the hips, making them appear wider.

they will be wider due to the increase in mass, but the size of the hips underneath stay the same.if you measure now and then measure down the road its possible to add inches due to the muscle(and fat because with muscle comes some fat gain as well) so they wont just appear wider they will be wider but you arent changing bone structure.(I know you know this but OP and others may not)
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    You cannot determine where you gain or lose weight - this is largely genetics. You can however develop specific muscle groups and cut overall weight to change your aesthetic ratio - body building. This process takes a long time, but the overall aesthetic affect is amazing.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    You cannot determine where you gain or lose weight - this is largely genetics. You can however develop specific muscle groups and cut overall weight to change your aesthetic ratio - body building. This process takes a long time, but the overall aesthetic affect is amazing.

yeah but its still possible to add some inches in fat and muscle to those areas. and yeah it is slow going,but looks better as you go so I agree
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Having a baby can also widen your hips a bit but I wouldn't recommend that unless you are prepared for the consequences as they are life long. Hee hee!

This bears repeating.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Having a baby can also widen your hips a bit but I wouldn't recommend that unless you are prepared for the consequences as they are life long. Hee hee!

This bears repeating.

having a baby can also widen your butt too lol(due to hips widening Im sure).
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member

This bears repeating.

And it is only a can, not a will. My hips stayed the same, narrow. :)

Cheers, h.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member

This bears repeating.

And it is only a can, not a will. My hips stayed the same, narrow. :)

Cheers, h.

Me too, I was just throwing it out there. <3 My shape is a rectangle. Pants slide off me, no need to unbutton.