Would this upset you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Make plans with person D and don't look back.

I just need to find D LOL.
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me

Live by those rules when deciding how much you want to continue in a relationship
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Seems like this is a married-with-children thing. A single wouldn't put up with this. But as a married person I think spending time with these types is a necessity to keep the peace with your kids and husband. Just view the relationship with these "dear friends" as perfunctory, not as personal.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Make plans with person D and don't look back.

I just need to find D LOL.

There's plenty of available D.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Tab A needs to meet Slot B.

Problem solved.

GUID-0797551A-3826-4282-9E03-E942805235DD-web.gif
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    YES, YES AND YES, it would all upset me,. that is why I am my own best friend...make plans w myself and appreciate my own company.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    DickVernon wrote: »
    What was the movie?

Bumblebee. We had planned to go with the kids too.

Thanks for all the replies... I just know that this isn't the ideal friendship. I do feel a bit like a hypocrite though... I like C, we're just really not that close, and honestly I don't think we could be (again, my kids don't like hers, I don't agree with some of her parenting choices, and we're very different). I like B too but she's VERY different from me and we will never agree on some fundamental issues - plus she can't stop talking about things I couldn't care less about and she often annoys me.

So that's the thing - people annoy me too. Most of the time I'd rather be alone and do my own thing than hanging out with people. The only person I can talk to for hours without being bored is A's husband. I just have to accept that people can still like me without wanting to spend a lot of time with me... it's life and totally normal.

I guess we had a 'honeymoon' period with those people for 2 years and now reality is setting in. A is always saying how grateful she is to have friends who understand how she's like... I'm just struggling with it because it's just so different from me (I'm a planner, always on time, I expect people to be reliable etc. Opposite of her). We do have a great time when we get together, maybe I just have to accept that it's not going to happen a lot anymore (also my daughter isn't as close to theirs anymore, and has matured quite a bit).

It's just so lonely sometimes (my husband listens, but he also drives me completely nuts about other things and I feel like there's nobody I can talk to about it - my doctor referred me to a psychologist though, if I can ever find time to go between school and kid activities).

Anyway, again, thanks for the replies. I'm going back to school next week and hopefully it will keep me busy enough that I won't have to think about this too much anymore.
  • ghost_of_an_android
    Options
    sounds like you got ain't-*kitten* friends. i'm used to those so i wouldn't give a f$ck. spend ur time ignoring them and maybe play a joke on them to get back.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Human relationships are complex..get a cat. Dog.

close.