Intermittent Fasting

Options

Replies

• modimix1
    modimix1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the OMAD or one meal a day intermittent fasting and so far I've lost about 9kg in about a month and a half period.
    Note: I go to the gym pretty much everyday and I also work 8 hours a day.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Fasting doesn't make you lose weight. Staying within your calorie limit does.

Intermittent fasting doesn't make you lose weight (by itself). Fasting long enough certainly will.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options

Intermittent fasting doesn't make you lose weight (by itself). Fasting long enough certainly will.

When you are fasting...are you not restricting your calories even further?
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

I think you missed my point. I was trying to correct what I perceived to be a typo - in a humorous way. Many times I swing and miss on the humor part.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options

I think you missed my point. I was trying to correct what I perceived to be a typo - in a humorous way. Many times I swing and miss on the humor part.

I misread the inflection on that one, sorry.
  • mithion
    mithion Posts: 78 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I’ve been doing IF 16:8 for about a month now and it is very easy for me by now. I only do it every 4 days but I am considering slowly bringing it down to 3 days then maybe two then every day. It’s been working on the 4 day separation along with my calorie watching, work steps and exercise so I don’t want to mess with a good thing. I have also found it pretty easy to not go overboard on my lunch or dinner calories in an IF day. Overall I think it is a great addition to any fitness/diet/nutrition plan.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    @barbarajaneuk. I saw that documentary and it was so interesting and well done.
    I’ve been an intermittent faster for 35 plus years. Way before it had a “name”. Not for weight loss, but because of how it makes me feel. I always feel smarter, faster, leaner, more creative, and have more energy when fasting. It’s good for my well being. I’m very healthy for my age. 57 and no health problems. I credit fasting for a lot of it. I do a flexible 16/8, and eat from about 3pm to 11pm. I’m a night owl.
This discussion has been closed.