Protein bars

Options
What do you guys recommend for a protein bar for a snack I’ve been using the one bars by ohh yeah not the best but decent and they taste good not looking for a meal replacement just something to hold me over on the go

Replies

• borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I usually have Grenade Carb Killa’s as my week day mid morning snack. They taste great and it feels like I’m treating myself
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The best Oh Yeah One is the glazed maple doughnut, followed by the Almond Bliss. I like Combat Crunch, cookie dough, cinnamon twist, and peanut butter cup. I try to keep my protein bars on the lower end of 200+ calories.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    The Costco protein bars are pretty good with decent macros.
  • 2kellymike
    2kellymike Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Zone Perfect Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk, Nature Valley Protein Chewy Salted Caramel, and both peanut butter and salted caramel Power Crunch bars. I buy all of them on Amazon.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    amy19355 wrote: »
    Here’s an idea that works for me:

I buy dates and fill them with nut butter.
    Stuck a few in a baggie and easy to carry along to work.

That may be your favorite and sounds good but it would have very little protein.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is Quest double chocolate chunk.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm kind of over the quest bars but like Power Crunch bars. I just wish there was more protein for the calories.

If you like potato chips, Quest has some reeeeeeeally good protein chips/tortilla chips. About 21g protein for around 130 calories.

And....chips! :)
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    borisda wrote: »
    I usually have Grenade Carb Killa’s as my week day mid morning snack. They taste great and it feels like I’m treating myself

Agreed!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    My preferred candy bar (masquerading as protein bar) is the Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bar - Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate flavor.

My preferred cookie (masquerading as protein bar) is any flavor of belVita Protein.

I totally agree with your characterization of Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bar - Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate flavor as a candy bar (masquerading as protein bar) :lol:
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    The Costco protein bars are pretty good with decent macros.

I second these. My faves are the Chocolate chunk peanut butter, chocolate chip brownie, and chocolate chip cookie dough
  • cbs1974
    cbs1974 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    My preferred candy bar (masquerading as protein bar) is the Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bar - Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate flavor.

My preferred cookie (masquerading as protein bar) is any flavor of belVita Protein.

I have one of these everyday after lifting weights at the same time as a strawberry whey protein shake.
    Gets the endorphins flowing :DB)

Not to keen on the caramel one though
  • iamauntbeth
    iamauntbeth Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am looking for help with this also. Does anyone have comments on "Lara" bars?
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Fit crunch bars
  • sizzle2019
    sizzle2019 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I like Kirkland cinnamon roll protein bars 2g sugar, 4g net carbs, 21g protein, 15g fiber. They also have double chocolate brownie but for me it's too sweet. There's many more kinds just haven't tried them.