A healthy breakfast to get you going

Options

Replies

• YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    The worst thing I ever dropped on the floor was the Christmas turkey.

Perfectly stuffed and cooked.

With 20 people in the dining room waiting for it. :D

Just use an extension of the .. 5 second rule.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    The worst thing I ever dropped on the floor was the Christmas turkey.

Perfectly stuffed and cooked.

With 20 people in the dining room waiting for it. :D

:cry: "However long it takes to pick up and dust off a hot turkey" rule?

Yuppers.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    I may not have dropped any serious food on the ground that I can remember... But I did have an incident after boiling corned beef one time...

Went to dump the water out(it was heavy and I wanted to get rid of it ASAP), it proceeded to splatter out at me and burn my stomach(like a bullseye)... Ouch!!! Needless to say, I turned around and told my brother to finish cooking, I was done!
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I dropped a hard boiled egg the other day and just started crying.

A few months ago I dropped all my fries from McDonald's on the floor and immediately burst into tears. :(
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I had a lemon merengue pie explode on my mom and I once. (She accidentally set it on a hot burner). 10/10 do not reccommend. I also had one randomly explode coming out of the oven. Apparently older pyrex can get stress fractures causing them to explode with little temperature differences. Like from a hot oven to a room temperature stove.
  • eatyogarun
    eatyogarun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I decided to brine the turkey one year. Thanksgiving morning I went to get it and dropped it, brine went EVERYWHERE. I just buy a turkey from Popeye's every year now.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The first cottage cheese I bought while using this site was dropped, SPLAT! by my wife.
    Omen, I guess.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    eatyogarun wrote: »
    I decided to brine the turkey one year. Thanksgiving morning I went to get it and dropped it, brine went EVERYWHERE. I just buy a turkey from Popeye's every year now.

Wait. Popeye's sells turkeys? Are we talking about the fried chicken restaurant? Do they sell spicy fried turkey?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    This is when you wake the cat out of a deep sleep and set it loose in the kitchen, (More efficient than a Roomba.) and are glad you weren’t having an omelette.

Cheers, h.

Nah, my cat is a voluntary as well as an obligate carnivore. Never shown the slightest interest in fruit or veg that wasn't already incorporated into the cat food. And sometimes not even then. I well recall when I got him a can of some sort of animal protein (chicken or tuna) with green peas. Every scrap of chicken/fish went. And the peas were left in a neat little pile in the dish.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    One time I dropped a jar of mayonnaise on my kitchen floor and it exploded everywhere. I definitely burned more calories cleaning it off the floor, walls, and appliances than I would have consumed with the chicken salad I was trying to make.

My son once exploded bottle of root beer in the kitchen. I think there will still be sticky spots when we eventually gut it for renovation :tired_face:

My husband exploded a brand new large bottle of Jim Beam Black Bourbon last weekend. Our home smelt like a frat house for quite a while.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    One time I dropped a jar of mayonnaise on my kitchen floor and it exploded everywhere. I definitely burned more calories cleaning it off the floor, walls, and appliances than I would have consumed with the chicken salad I was trying to make.

My son once exploded bottle of root beer in the kitchen. I think there will still be sticky spots when we eventually gut it for renovation :tired_face:

My husband exploded a brand new large bottle of Jim Beam Black Bourbon last weekend. Our home smelt like a frat house for quite a while.

thats just alcohol abuse lol
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Ugh, dropped one of our dinning plates on the floor this morning. Sweeping the kitchen was not on my list of things I wanted to do this morning.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I was working in a burger joint as a teenager, and dropped a 5 gallon bucket of fry sauce. There was fry sauce everywhere, including dripping from the ceiling. Cleaned most of it, but there was no way to reach the ceiling to clean it up. That fry sauce stayed on the ceiling the entire time I worked there and beyond.
  • eatyogarun
    eatyogarun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    eatyogarun wrote: »

Wait. Popeye's sells turkeys? Are we talking about the fried chicken restaurant? Do they sell spicy fried turkey?

I wasn't sure how they cooked them so I looked them up.

"The turkeys range from about 10 to 14 pounds. They're marinated with a blend of Louisiana seasonings, slow-roasted, and then flash-fried for a crispy skin."

They're pretty expensive compared to cooking it yourself, but I find it worth it. I know I am getting a good turkey and it doesn't have to cook as long so it frees up the oven. And I don't spill brine all over the kitchen!