The Stay at home parent/spouse thread

2»

Replies

• diets_and_daiquiris
    diets_and_daiquiris Posts: 143 Member

I could totally do my work at night and whatever during the day, I don't have a car so I usually do the housework during the day and play on here or FB, do my workout and add my food to the database. I do my work at night when everyone is in bed. When I have work to do. I take crochet orders and fill those. I also am a photographer but on a break from that right now due to the no car situation.

Ah that's like me, I draw portraits of kids and pets mostly. I do have to stay in some days just to make up my hours as I can't do it all in the night but even if I get my *kitten* to the gym those days I feel better.
    Hope you get a car sorted soon and you get some freedom back! X
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    I would have been a SAHM with career hobbies if it was an option. Unfortunately, that's a luxury in my world.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    SAHM of 5 here. My youngest is 2. I also do some work from home. It's definitely something I feel blessed and lucky to be able to do.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I have been a sahp/spouse for 19 years. I homeschooled my child.
    We are a 1 car family and my dh works out of town. There is no public transportation in my town so we walk places. The town is only about a mile across so it isn't too bad except in winter where no one shovels their sidewalks when there are sidewalks. Makes me want to stay home.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I can't wait to go back to school after the little one starts school.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    edited January 2019
    I’m a SAH, homeschooling mom. It works very well for us :) We are far from “home all the time,” though; that sounds tough!

We live overseas in an area where public transport is the norm - it’s cheap, clean, and convenient. There’s rarely a day when we don’t go *somewhere* and (weather permitting) at least half the week we spend more time out of the house than in it. DS participates in two sports, we are part of a homeschooling group that routinely schedules park days and field trips, we volunteer, explore the city visiting parks, museums, and natural areas, visit the aquarium and zoo... there’s a ton to do!

At home once lessons are complete for the day we cook together, play tabletop or video games, read, make art, etc.