Body system clogged up!

Hi, I'm on my second week of keto diet. Though this is embarrassing to say, I need some help...I'm completely clogged up, not even laxatives work on me! I know this diet is low in fibre and so I need to up the intake of vegetables and fat, but nothing helps! I'm drinking warm water on an empty stomach, increased sodium intake, put coconut fat in my coffee...I don't want to break my diet as I've been doing so well! Anyone got any ideas/tips to get the tummy moving? Thanks!!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    How many grams of fiber are you getting?

Raspberries are a relatively lower carb/higher fiber fruit.

f068606e04b3c2e83431ec3edb537150.png
  • hawkmancody
    hawkmancody Posts: 63 Member
    I have had good luck with miralax the two times i was clogged. It does suck alot of water from your body into your digestive system so you do need to drink alot of water.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Benefiber?
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    1000 mg of vitamin C at night and hot sauce on everything worked for me when I was on a very-low-carb eating plan.
  • leiflung
    leiflung Posts: 83 Member
    Aside from veg, avocado has tons of fiber and not a lot of net carbs. Invest in avocado. Nuts are also high in fiber and keto freindly.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    How about a large glass of warm soapy water. 😎

I’ve found a tablespoon of flax meal is a good tool to have. I’m not a keto person but every now and then we all need a little “assistance.”
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Magnesium citrate helps a lot and isnt the type of laxative that your body gets too used too. Just drink lots of water. ;)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Dissolve a tablespoon of Epsom salts into a glass of water and drink that. Tastes awful, but it REALLY works.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Castor oil. An oldie but a goodie, and keto- friendly. Also makes wonderful hair treatment for deep conditioning
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Milk of Magnesia.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    More fat.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    amring wrote: »
    You guys are awesome! I took dulcolax yesterday and it didn't work on me (for the first time!!) @pierinifitness LOL I think I'm passing on the glass of soap water! Tried Epsom salt in water - and NADA! @Seanan 2387 I have a feeling this problem will stop me from following Keto I've been on it for 16 days now. I've watched Dr Berg' videos, he's advicing to stay away from newly introduced veggies into the diet like cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower and instead eat much friendlier veggies like spinach, sallad and collard greens, but those don't really fill me up! But the issue is you have to eat alot of it to get your fibre and for it to work! Hope the supplements work for you x

I would take more dulcolax. They give that stuff to spinal cord injury patients who have been stopped up for over a month and their system literally doesn't work anymore. If it can get them moving, it can get anyone moving. That stuff in no joke.