Gym or workout at home

Options
2»

Replies

• diets_and_daiquiris
    diets_and_daiquiris Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've always worked out at home. I have a spin bike, cross trainer and kettlebells mostly.
    I've just rejoined a gym as I miss the social side of it. I also work from home so I guess it's good to have a reason to leave my house 🙈😂
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Weights at the gym...I don't have the room for equipment at home and the gym provides a much broader range of equipment than I could ever own anyway. I prefer cycling outdoors for my cardio, but I'm doing more indoor stationary cardio at the moment due to winter and weather, etc.

• skethraw
    skethraw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I mostly workout at home or while I'm outdoors. I paid a one-year subscription to a gym once to never set foot in it, it felt more like a chore than anything else. By challenging myself simply to walk more (to the grocery stores, to work, a friend's place) I lost 30 lbs 2 years ago. Before I stopped since I was moving I'd got to the point where I could walk for 1 hour to get to my workplace and 1 to get back home, then walk again for an errand, so almost 3 hours total per day. :) No small steps is a loss when it comes to exercises.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Home gym for me. Over the past 5 years I have spent a small fortune in building a functional gym at home. No crowds, no germs, no nothing. Just me and my dog. Nice. :smile: