Female needing help hitting 2000 calories a day w/out junk

Replies

• JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    edited January 2019
    I suggest you rethink some of your assumptions about food, specifically the one that has you dismissing a whole bunch of perfectly valid and healthful foods as "garbage" (while you're also consuming calories through processed drink mixes throughout the day).

When I need more calories, I'll usually add things like avocados/guacamole, coconut, dark chocolate, nuts/seeds, and potatoes to my day. I also don't worry about eating foods like pasta, oats, plant oils, tortillas, or muffins because I know that these can be part of a healthful diet.

One scoop of iso whey protein is hardly a horrible choice when you are eating 1gm of protein per pound of body weight which is 140 gms for me and only supplementing with 25gms. So im doing good there. I look at macros also so i dont want to eat a bag of nuts or tons of fats just to hit my goals. Appreciate your feedback you mistook the word garbage since i primarily eat a variety of healthy foods all day long and still fall short. Guess i have to keep shoving my face and get over it.

You don't want to eat more fat. Would you be willing to increase your carbs a bit?
    Not sure if you're still trying to follow the macros you set on mfp, but they seem to be at 35% carbs, 35% protein, and 30% fat. Adding a cup of cooked lentils, which are 40 grams of carbs and 18 grams of protein, to your day would help a bit with calories, and the difference between carbs and protein would only be a little over 20 grams.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2019
    How have you been maintaining weight up to this point? If eating 1400 calories a day you should be losing weight.

The link below contains many many calorie dense options to help boost your intake, expand the size of your portions, full fat, etc. It will be up to you how much you want to demonize foods to the point you don't get adquete intake to support the amount of training you do.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    can i have your extra calories cause im STARVING FEED ME NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Tell me about it. I successfully lost 30lbs the first time around (it crept back after 3 years of being in love, yay* :| )
    and I can't wait to get back to the point where I can "afford" a small bit of so-called garbage to fill in the spaces.

*still in love, just not in love with the chub
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Ok, I see it's time for me to drop in the Brazilian definition again. Whenever there is an OP that mentions "processed foods" they essentially mean what everyone I know off MFP means - "Ultra Processed Foods" like in http://bvsms.saude.gov.br/bvs/publicacoes/dietary_guidelines_brazilian_population.pdf starting on page 39.

Oddly, MFP uses a more food manufacturer type definition - if a food has gone through any sort of treatment whatsoever, it is processed, and therefore everything we don't eat directly out of our own garden is processed, which is clearly not what these poor OPs mean.

The majority of people on MFP are using the "ultra processed foods" definition when they mention "processed foods," it's a small minority of MFP users who view it from the food manufacturer definition.