High protein snacks

Options
I'm still getting to grips managing my macros, using mfp recommended % split of 50 carbs, 30 fats and 20 protein. I still consistently come up short on protein, and usually over on fat, sometimes by a lot! What are your favourite high protein snacks that taste great but aren't full of fat? Im considerig trying protein shakes but would rather use "real" food if possible!

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are real food. Some high protein foods are eggs, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, tuna, oats, lentils... if you get low fat cottage cheese and Greek yogurt then they're all pretty low fat. Then of course there's always the option of protein bars if you want something quick.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    - egg whites (whipped up in microwave).
    - jerky (i am pretty picky on this but found one i like)
    - greek yogurt (at whichever fat you need, you can go 0%, i've now moved up to 2 and 4%)
    laughing cow cheese
    - there are various protein bars, you can shop around and find one lower cal-fat that you like that is also high protein. I like the Simpli bars.
    - meat. yep you can snack on meat in various ways. tuna salad. pieces of chicken. lunch meat around a cucumber or pickle.
  • magpye76
    magpye76 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I do eat most of these things already, guess I just have to eat more of them! And get out and do more excercise of course :smiley:
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Are you regularly eating dairy? I find low-fat or nonfat yogurt, cheese, and milk help me meet my goals.