How?

Options
Lately I’ve been exceeding me calorie count thing. The times where I don’t exceed my calories I find myself lurking in the pantry because I’m hungry. I do eat healthy but I’m still hungry. Any advice?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    esmae418 wrote: »
    Lately I’ve been exceeding me calorie count thing. The times where I don’t exceed my calories I find myself lurking in the pantry because I’m hungry. I do eat healthy but I’m still hungry. Any advice?

First you need to make sure your calorie goal is appropriate.

How much weight do you need to lose, and how many lbs per week are you set to?
    How long have you been on your current plan?
    Do you exercise, and are you logging your exercise and eating some of those calories?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

how many cals are you eating? how much fat and protein are you getting?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

First you need to make sure your calorie goal is appropriate.

How much weight do you need to lose, and how many lbs per week are you set to?
    How long have you been on your current plan?
    Do you exercise, and are you logging your exercise and eating some of those calories?

^^This. We need a bit more information to be able to tailor our suggestions for you. :)
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    so based on your first post i'd say there are a few possible issues going on:

1 - 1200 is likely much too low. how did you select this amount of calories? what is your height/gender/amount you need to lose?

2 - while YES you can eat cookies and soda and stuff and still lose weight, eating high calorie foods alone won't keep you very full. thus wanting more food. For feeling full you should eat more vegetables, protein and foods more likely to keep you full and keep a smaller portion of your calories for cookies and soda.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10708285/weight-goal
  • MariMcKeon
    MariMcKeon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    soups / broth help fill.....protein and veggies do keep you from getting as hungry
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    MariMcKeon wrote: »
    soups / broth help fill.....protein and veggies do keep you from getting as hungry

Not universally true, I'm afraid. What people find satiating is different for everyone. Some find fats filling, others need high volumes of low calorie foods to do the trick, some need carbs or protein, etc. It's definitely a case of each person figuring out what works best for them.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize...I have to shave off a few pounds from Christmas and am just having a hard time getting back in the cutting game.

No matter how long you do this, sometimes you just find yourself lurking and checking up on all the cookies and such. This happens to me later at night. It helps a LOT if I go to bed in a timely manner; another strategy I have is to drink some sugar free lemonade (although then I know I will be waking up in the middle of the night). Or I will have an apple or a couple of clementines or some 0% Greek yogurt with a bare drizzle of honey. Have some back-ups in place.

If I DO give into the siren song of cookies, I try not to eat too many. 3 or 6 is a lot better than a whole sleeve.

Sometimes, it's okay to just be hungry though. If you resist the urge, your body will get over it, and you are probably not going to die (you can tell it). It takes a lot of mental discipline and is not fun. But it is doable.