Lose Weight / Feel Great

Options
kbrunette80
kbrunette80 Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Good Morning!

New FTUA Member here! My hips, knees, & other joints had a company meeting and decided it’s time to lose weight; not to mention my butt and hamstrings are practically Neighbors at this point. 😆

Started the Shaklee Cleanse today. Wish me luck!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

New FTUA Member here! My hips, knees, & other joints had a company meeting and decided it’s time to lose weight; not to mention my butt and hamstrings are practically Neighbors at this point. 😆

Started the Shaklee Cleanse today. Wish me luck!

What are you cleansing?
  • kbrunette80
    Options
    Digestive / liver cleanse.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Digestive / liver cleanse.

You might want to see a doctor if you think your liver is not working as it should.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    "Cleanses" don't cleanse anything, unfortunately. No proof medically that they do anything. Good luck on your weight loss goals, though. :)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    When you have finished your cleanse (I presume it is temporary as they don't work long term) and need to lose weight by eating real food. Then you are in the right place to get some really great advice from some very knowledgeable people here on MFP and can learn how lose weight in a healthy way.

I learned the hard way that cleanses don't do anything except lighten your wallet.

Good luck withe cleanse.
  • kbrunette80
    Options
    Thank you all for The unsolicited advice. No one actually asked questions to get to know my history and past with cleanses and health & wellness. Just provided opinions.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Thank you all for The unsolicited advice. No one actually asked questions to get to know my history and past with cleanses and health & wellness. Just provided opinions.

But if you post on a public forum then people can offer their opinions.

Believe it or not, people actually do it to be helpful...
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I understand people do that to be helpful.

The only somewhat helpful response was from manderson27. You ant help people until you understand what is going on to add a proper solution. Did you even ask me about my liver cleanse beforehand? No, you did not. Do you. I’ll find a more supportive group that can offer up getting to know someone instead of unsolicited advice which runs rampant in our society.

my first post was asking what you were cleansing... but ok.

good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • kbrunette80
    Options
    Correct. When I told you it’s a liver cleanse, you offered up unsolicited advice.

Proper response could have been asking if I had seen a doctor or what my reasonings are instead of telling me to see a doctor right off he bat.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sorry you didn’t get what you wanted to hear. But the advice on this thread is solid and proven to be very accurate even though you may feel its unsupportive. Would you rather the forum say good luck, not give advice, and you never see the results you were expecting?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    What's FTUA?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    OP I came on here in 2011 I was in the same position as you and I wanted a quick fix (we have all been there) But as I read the forums, saw the questions being answered by very knowledgeable people I realised that if I took their advice I could lose weight without any drastic measures or expensive products.

Please don't take the comments personally, the people here are amazingly helpful and know what they are talking about. Don't give up on us yet.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP--maybe you could give a little more information and not keep us guessing?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    What's FTUA?

Quince (at least that is what Google tells me it is)
  • dfrz447
    dfrz447 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What's FTUA?

Formerly Thin Under Achievers
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    dfrz447 wrote: »
    What's FTUA?