Green Tea , Cold Vs Hot? Which is better?

Options
2»

Replies

• UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    @UmaMageswarymfp Hey, kudos for checking in and trying to get this weight loss thing figured out. You seem to be asking a lot of good questions. Folks here are a wealth of good information. As you are learning there is a lot of *kitten* information out there that will lead you astray. Hang in there.

Aww omg thank you this made me smile , yes I know I’m asking tons of question. It’s just that I’m worried of repeating same mistakes, everyday I try to stay active here with people and gain more knowledge. I hope I can do it right this time 💓

You'll get the hang of it and then will have to learn the "head nod and change the subject" maneuver when you hear your friends and coworkers telling you all sorts of nonsense that isn't going to work. Because they'll never believe what you tell them, even with proof. :laugh:

Hahahaha I’m already planning on the head nod 😤😂
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Kayyi wrote: »
    I found cold green tea was mostly a benefit because it stopped me from drinking so much juice or other sweetened teas. I find that I struggle with just drinking water, but I had found a loose peach green tea and it tastes similar to peach juice. It will help you cut too much sugar intake which may be the weight loss factor they were talking about, as long as you don't add anything to it! I still stick to one glass of tea and honey in the mornings though.

I don’t drink tea / coffee. I like cold water and that’s it hahaha . Not a big fan of soft drink either
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,459 Member
    Options
    I drink unsweetened iced green tea (matcha, actually) with a citrus wedge every day for breakfast. I think it's tasty, and appreciate its antioxidants. If you think you'd enjoy it, try it.

To confirm others: It had zero effect on my weight loss rate when I began drinking it.
  • TezzyP
    TezzyP Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking green tea for nearly 15 plus years.
    Never did anything for my weight loss. I put on many pounds.
    I love the taste and can't drink normal tea now.
    Not to nice cold though!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I drink unsweetened iced green tea (matcha, actually) with a citrus wedge every day for breakfast. I think it's tasty, and appreciate its antioxidants. If you think you'd enjoy it, try it.

To confirm others: It had zero effect on my weight loss rate when I began drinking it.

Maybe you have to drink it sweetened. Then it can cause metabolic confusion. Your body is already expecting the green tea to have almost zero calories. :#

Um, no. Metabolic confusion isn't a thing. You can't "confuse" your metabolism. It is what it is.

You put calories into your body. If those calories are less than what your body needs, you lose weight. If those calories are more than your body needs, you gain weight.

(Why are there so many comments/threads about metabolic confusion in the last couple of days? What did I miss?)
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

Maybe you have to drink it sweetened. Then it can cause metabolic confusion. Your body is already expecting the green tea to have almost zero calories. :#

Um, no. Metabolic confusion isn't a thing. You can't "confuse" your metabolism. It is what it is.

You put calories into your body. If those calories are less than what your body needs, you lose weight. If those calories are more than your body needs, you gain weight.

(Why are there so many comments/threads about metabolic confusion in the last couple of days? What did I miss?)

I thought the :# clarified.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I thought the :# clarified.

Sarcasm is ;) , not :# . How was I to know?!?

:laugh:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,028 Member
    Options
    Never mind metabolism confusion.

I think the emoticon faces on here are confusing and I want the standard ones most forums have :/:/:*:*
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,992 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    green tea does nothing to 'boost metabolism' whether hot or cold.

No omg a lot of my friends and even youtubers say it does SOMETHING to help with weight loss ?

Nope.

Well ... if you substitute green tea (without sugar or milk) for a sugared drink it might help, but otherwise ... nope.

However, between hot and cold, I prefer cold. For example, this is nice ...

t3a80cc494q3.png
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I make lemonade with it. Cold green tea mixed with 1 tablespoon of concentrated lemon juice and a hint of honey. It's delicious. If anything green tea is very healthy for you because of the antioxidants. Drinking it cold will also increase your water consumption which does aid in weight loss.

I think what most people are trying to say is, there is no "gimmick" or "hack" that will make you lose weight. Sustained weight loss occurs when you make healthy eating and exercise a priority.

Look at it this way, if any supplement or food was proven to make you lose weight, it would be flying off the grocery store shelves faster than they could stock it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,459 Member
    Options

I think the emoticon faces on here are confusing and I want the standard ones most forums have :/:/:*:*

Apologies for the following digression, OP.

I think you can use at least some of the regular emojis now - or at least I've seen more of them in the forums.

Did any of these these work:

🖤😍 🔥😜😀

They worked in "preview" with the web MFP, so I'll give it a try. Even if some/all didn't but this sentence is visible, we have an improvement.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options

Apologies for the following digression, OP.

I think you can use at least some of the regular emojis now - or at least I've seen more of them in the forums.

Did any of these these work:

🖤😍 🔥😜😀

They worked in "preview" with the web MFP, so I'll give it a try. Even if some/all didn't but this sentence is visible, we have an improvement.

Yeah, I've been using my Windows emojis for a while now with no issues. I liking having my pizza pic back: 🍕