Trader Joe's shopping list

Planning a trip to Trader Joe's tonight. What's always on your shopping list ?

My favorites: sweet and salty pecans, veggie fried rice, garlic marinara sauce, chicken sausage, white cheddar corn puffs (pirates booty), taquitos, potstickers, frozen tri color peppers, couscous.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I used to live near a Trader Joe's but don't any longer, so I would get all my favorites, haha. Orange chicken, chocolate covered potato chips, green tea mochi ice cream, cookie spread.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    is the orange chicken a frozen meal ? oh yeah, love the cookie butter but I have no control when it's in the house.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    I have a Trader Joe's like 2 mins from work and 45 mins if walking and taking the long way around (and I always do) near my apt so....

Just the Chicken chicken strips
    the lower sodium pistachios in the shell
    mini chocolate chip cookies
    animal crackers
    persian cucumbers
    low sodium chicken broth
    mini biscotti
    mini windmill cookies
    cookie butter (when I forget I go crazy once the jar is opened)
    Various frozen desserts if I feel like trying (the macaroons were good)
    The white cheddar corn puffs
    apple cinnamon straws
    Streusel topped blueberry muffins (when I forget I go crazy) :)
  • TamLam99
    omg streusel topped muffins sound fabulous, adding that to my list. If you like cookies, try the vanilla wafers they have in the clear bucket - delish!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    TamLam99 wrote: »
    is the orange chicken a frozen meal ? oh yeah, love the cookie butter but I have no control when it's in the house.

Yup, it's a frozen meal.

66563-mandarin-orange-chicken.jpg
  • glassyo
    TamLam99 wrote: »
    omg streusel topped muffins sound fabulous, adding that to my list. If you like cookies, try the vanilla wafers they have in the clear bucket - delish!

I really feel like I should have had more cookies on my list.

I'll buy Jo Jos every once in a while but I wasn't a fan of their thin jo jos...the oreo thins knock off. The wafer was too bitter or something.

The neapolitan jo jos were soooooooooooo good and I didn't think I'd like those since I'm not a fan of strawberry fillings.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited January 2019
    The light shredded mozzarella is the best light cheese I've ever had. Stretches and melts just like any full fat mozzarella. 45 calories for one ounce. It's amazing and I can't live without it.

I also love their cauliflower stir fry rice, cilantro chicken wontons, meatless meatballs, greek yogurts (they come out with amazing flavors!), assorted chocolates, PB and J bars, spicy cheese crunchies, cinnamon schoolbook cookies, cat cookies, organic ketchup (seriously the best tasting ketchup and dirt cheap), salsas, spices, and the amazing cookie butter. I won't buy that anymore since I can't control myself around it lol. Trader Joe's is the best place to shop.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I like a lot of their vegetarian products:

vegan orange chicken--the meatless version of the one mentioned above
    chickenless crispy tenders
    meatless meatballs
    high fiber cereal (I mix it into my yogurt)
    salsa
    frozen Indian meals
    chocolate bars
    almond butter cocoa bars
    Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, which my husband loves
    tuna, for the cat
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    -Coconut Creamer
    -Almond Milk
    -Oatmeal
    -Coffee beans (I forget which, but I know it has a parrot on the container??)
    -Eggs
    -Butter
    -Limes (they're so cheap there)
    -marinara sauce (for pizzas, or to use as a base for pasta sauces)
    -pre-made pizza dough
    -typical veggies are: zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, and there's always spinach, carrots, and celery in the fridge
    -canned stuff: beans (black beans, chickpea, white beans)
    -dried stuff: pasta, lentils, rice, sliced bread
    -fruit is always kinda pricey there so we just get whatever's in season
    -AND A LOT OF THAT MINERAL WATER lol I'm obsessed with the cranberry clementine flavor

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    OH. And I can't forget my 2 favorite vices:

Rear Admiral Gin
    Grifone Sangiovese
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    98740-maple-leaf-cookies.jpg
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Just Mangos (dried fruit)
    Volopi Pepperoni
    Salsa Especial
    Pistachio Ice Cream
    Chocolate Covered Almonds
    Frozen Hasbrowns
    Frozen Plain Croissants
    Pickles!
    Almonds (low salt - the best)
  • TamLam99
    So many awesome suggestions! I'll probably spend 4 hours and $500 in there.
  • Honey wheat pretzels (dipped in cookie butter, so good)
    Gouda cheese
    Honey goat cheese
    Gouda goat cheese
    Hummus quartet
    Spanish brand deli salami
    Rosemary ham
    Raisin rosemary crisps
    Enchilada sauce (it’s the best)
    Cuban black beans
    Frozen ginger cubes
    Frozen garlic cubes
    100 calorie mini milk chocolate bars

These are my specialty items that you can only get at traders. We go weekly for other staples as well 😊
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    What is cookie butter? I have poor control around sweet things so maybe I'm better off not knowing. But curious.

I tried to go to Traders one time, but couldn't find a parking space and left. So pissed off I never went back. (I get angry way out of proportion over parking and waiting in lines.)
  • glassyo
    What is cookie butter? I have poor control around sweet things so maybe I'm better off not knowing. But curious.

I tried to go to Traders one time, but couldn't find a parking space and left. So pissed off I never went back. (I get angry way out of proportion over parking and waiting in lines.)

Cookie butter is crack in a jar.

That's all you need to know. :)

And, yeah, I have no patience for lines or waiting anymore which is partly why I walk there like a half hour before they close.
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Cold brew coffee concentrate, wine, frozen shrimp (the Argentinian red is so good), frozen chicken fried rice, pita chips, hummus, cookie butter sandwich cookies
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member

Cookie Butter is similar to peanut butter in texture, but made from ground up speculoos cookies. I can just eat it from the spoon.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    cinnamon sugar muffin/baking mix, everything bagel seasoning.
  • TamLam99
    edited January 2019
    Not food related but has anyone tried the nourish spa shampoo and conditioner? Love their mint and olive oil lip balm.

I picked up all kinds of great stuff, looking forward to a pretzel bagel for breakfast tomorrow.