Loosing baby pouch!

Options
Hi there I’m new. Joined to get some tips and support on how to loose baby pouch! I’ve joined BJJ doing it 5 times a week. I’ve lost 10kg which is amazing for me. I’ve cleaned up my eating but my nutrition could be better with more iron and vitamins. Haven’t noticed any change in my baby pouch after having 2 baby’s. It’s been 1 year since my second and it looks like it’s not budging. Any tips or experience in this specific area?

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You'll want to make sure you are in a calorie deficit. Are you tracking your calorie?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You have two threads going?
  • amyboshek
    amyboshek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You'll want to make sure you are in a calorie deficit. Are you tracking your calorie? [/

Hi there I’m trying to eat 1200 calories a day by using this. So far I’m usually way under bc I burn so much in BJJ. I do need more fiber, iron. I’m eating plenty of protein.
  • amyboshek
    amyboshek Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Sorry I just joined I thought they were seperate groups with separate people. How do I delete?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    amyboshek wrote: »

Sorry I just joined I thought they were seperate groups with separate people. How do I delete?

Don't sweat it. But, yeah, all the same people for the most part.
  • spaghetti285
    spaghetti285 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey. I don't have any tips but just wanted to say you're not alone. I'm trying to lose baby tum too.. But it's been 7 years since I had my boy! Lol. What is BJJ?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy and a moderate calorie deficit helped me a lot in that area.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Just thought I’d throw this link in for some perspective.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat/p1

Cheers, h.
  • proudmotherof6
    proudmotherof6 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi add me! I just had my sixth child a week ago and I'm ready to drop this weight already. As far as advice...can you get to a gym? What I usually do is loose the amount to of weight I want first and then work on toning up. Eat less calories, stay away from sweets/sugar if you can lol, and keep a can do attitude.
  • PennyP312
    PennyP312 Posts: 161 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Adding to the always sound advice of accurate calorie counting and lifting weights...take pictures.
    I had my third 2 years ago and am about to have my fourth. The journey after #3 was long and slow to pre baby weight and if I hadn’t taken pictures, I would have sworn my “pooch” didn’t budge. If fact, my tummy had slimmed down pretty good in 2 years!
    Now, I just have to follow my own advice in a few weeks :)
    Stay with it, be consistent, use a food scale, and be kind you yourself!
  • AnaSoluna
    AnaSoluna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have you checked yourself for diastasis recti? That's something that can happen with pregnancy where the tissue connecting your abs stretches, making your stomach jut out and weakening your core. There are plenty of guides online that show you how to check yourself for it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Hi add me! I just had my sixth child a week ago and I'm ready to drop this weight already. As far as advice...can you get to a gym? What I usually do is loose the amount to of weight I want first and then work on toning up. Eat less calories, stay away from sweets/sugar if you can lol, and keep a can do attitude.

Better to start lifting from the start. No reason to wait and lose precious lean muscle in the process.