THE Project Thread

Options
KosmosKitten
KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
... no, not that sort of project. I'm not looking to fix anyone. :p

What sorts of projects are you working on that are not related to diet/fitness?

Currently, I'm still working on this monster scarf. I'm down one chart.. of six. Ugh.

la9tmeqkbh5q.jpg

Replies

• skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I’m very, very slowly giving the master bathroom a facelift - down to just having to do the trim paint and fresh grout and it’ll be finished. I also have two different knitting projects almost finished - a cowl and a hat.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I am making a bible cover for my son out of an old pair of jeans; drawing up and testing a corset pattern; making a greedy sloth cake topper (for a cake I may make in September); sugar paste trees and things for my son's birthday cake in September; and a fairy house out of clay for my fairy garden. There are other projects but those are the ones I am actually busy with at the moment
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I have 6 straight razors that need to be sharpened and that needs handles replaced. Finding time to finish these is tough this month.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Made a dog today out of plastic jugs, felt and hot glue. Only burned myself once.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Making a photo calendar.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Finished this up a few days ago. I've moved on to another big project. What are you all working on? Anything?

qgxgd2yxljco.jpg
    gueyeka0wr7u.jpg

These are really beautiful.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Planning on making a 79 x 80 chunky wool blanket. 💚 I need to decide on a colour, order my giant needles and yarn, set time aside and get it done. Refuse to arm knit the blanket. 😕
  • Dansfightforlife
    Dansfightforlife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sliding barn door media console
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    cekubjmrftam.jpg

Built a harvest table, bench and coffee table (not pictured) with old barn wood. Drove out to an old farm and got the wood for free!!! Major score. Brought a chainsaw and sawed off each piece to size in the pouring rain :) Let the wood dry for a few weeks and went to work. Planing each piece was one of my favourite parts as we got to see the wood for what it was worth… absolutely beautiful patterns with all the wood grains and knots etc... Everything was pieced together using Wedged Mortise and Tenon Joints…Sliding Dovetails and dowels. Not one nail or screw was used. This photo is not the greatest but there are a lot of details and curves and distress to the table and bench that were all hand chiseled. I spent hours in that garage for weeks… loved it!

Love it!