I’m 44, I weigh 272.5 lbs, who wants to lose weight with me?

Options

Replies

• myfitnesspalacios
    myfitnesspalacios Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I’ve been thinking....if I can do one thing well; and that thing is to be really good at losing then fending off one calorie and, his buddy, next calorie.
    Then, when I am what most folks call thin, I will know how to; and still be fending off that last calorie.
    So monster numbers really have no bearing. It’s, me, now, always.
    We can do this. We’ve got this! Master dieters always and forever keep food diaries; that’s the golden key...AND even before we all get little we are all so gooodloookin’ to start with. Weee are on our waaayyy!!
  • myfitnesspalacios
    Options
    Twenty-Seven months from now is my “Objective” date.
    27 years from now will be:
    January 26, 2046

Can I live that long; and how many of those years will I live, staying at my choice weight? All of them? One of them? None? Chose now which you and your “house” will follow; as for me - I will follow the winner that I have become. But I need you and you need me, supporting one another. Let’s go! We can do this!
  • Smithworkout2016
    Smithworkout2016 Posts: 32 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Add me ladies my weight has got to come down
  • Smithworkout2016
    Smithworkout2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 37 pounds by mid March ladies let’s do this
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!!!!! Let’s do it!!!! Someone share how they are doing.... I started new discussions on what I’m going through but briefly I went out of ketosis a few times and got discouraged.... but I’m back at it.... I’m scared to weigh myself tomorrow but I will get it done and make a plan based on if I gained or lost.... what about you?
  • myfitnesspalacios
    Options
    Have you ever sat on a balcony, early in the morning by the ocean; with just a gentle breeze and the soft rays warming your face? You reach over and lift a piece of fruit or press glass of ice cold orange juice to you lips and inhale, deeply the fragrance and savor each sip or bite. This is your life...you deserve those moments...life is nuts...we diet; sure...but that does not mean we abuse ourselves for loving life. We just moderate all the day and evening long. We can do this together. Relax...we’ve got this. Never give up.
  • lmm1845
    lmm1845 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
  • Reine2019
    Reine2019 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This week/ month was ok for me. I started on 12/11 ages I'm down 18lbs. I need to start exercising, but injuries and arthritis limit me to about 15 minutes before the pain kicks in. Hopefully, once I lose more weight, my knees won't scream at me and I can go longer. Looking forward to February being a good month!
  • AnitaBthin
    AnitaBthin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's awesome how many of us have started this journey. The first step is always the hardest and it will take some time before we get to where we're going, but time will pass if we do it or not....So let's do this!

I don't know about anyone else but I find it hard to follow these forum threads. I usually login via my cell phone and I know I can see the forums through the app but I find it tedious. There's got to be a better way to keep in touch. Does anyone have any ideas?
  • Bouquetofflowers
    Bouquetofflowers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes I would like to join you guys. I need a positive group of friends. Please friend me still learning how use this site. Looking to lose 150- 200 pds. Thanks.
  • myfitnesspalacios
    Options
    Following using a phone is constantly expanding with to fingers and closing the same way. Using the bell gets you to the thread quickly.
    Bouq O’ Flowers - Welcome!
    ABThin- not sure of a better way to stay in touch; maybe a touch base time frame for all to say hey and kibitz a bitz.
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    AnitaBthin wrote: »
    It's awesome how many of us have started this journey. The first step is always the hardest and it will take some time before we get to where we're going, but time will pass if we do it or not....So let's do this!

I don't know about anyone else but I find it hard to follow these forum threads. I usually login via my cell phone and I know I can see the forums through the app but I find it tedious. There's got to be a better way to keep in touch. Does anyone have any ideas?

Welcome! I was thinking the same thing. I use my cell as well and I get lost in some of the forums... lol

• pecabonitas
    Options
    Welcome to our newest! How is everyone doing? For me, 17lbs gone, 103 still to lose. Doing Keto and IF seems to be working but if I could be consistent with exercising I’d be losing more. I work multiple jobs as a single mom and I’m exhausted before and after work. I can’t wait until it warms up and I’ll walk to work. I take the stairs and not the elevator and I park farther away from my destinations to get those extra steps in. I’m not giving up but I’ll sure be glad when I’m out of the 200’s.
  • AnitaBthin
    AnitaBthin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our newest! How is everyone doing? For me, 17lbs gone, 103 still to lose. Doing Keto and IF seems to be working but if I could be consistent with exercising I’d be losing more. I work multiple jobs as a single mom and I’m exhausted before and after work. I can’t wait until it warms up and I’ll walk to work. I take the stairs and not the elevator and I park farther away from my destinations to get those extra steps in. I’m not giving up but I’ll sure be glad when I’m out of the 200’s.

That’s awesome!! I’m also doing Keto and attempted IF but found myself getting hungry too early. So I figured I might not have been fat-adapted yet enough to do IF. So I’m hoping soon I can give it another try. I haven’t weighed myself in almost 2 weeks. I re-started my journey on 1-4-19 and lost almost 9lbs in the first 2 weeks. I then got discouraged when the scale wasn’t moving so I vowed not to weigh myself for a few weeks and see where I’m at. I feel like I’ve lost inches though, so that’s a plus. But anyway, 17 lbs!! That’s great, @pecabonitas ! I’m really happy for you! I can’t wait to be under 200 too! I have approximately 70lbs to go. :)
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    How have you all been doing? For me, I tanked. I was an emotional eater (I won’t claim it anymore) and I fell off the grid again.... gained weight, felt discouraged and a failure.... stopped all the hard work I was doing to be healthy .....

But now I’m back! My restart was 8/19/19 and so far have lost 24lbs with 100 more to lose. I can’t let my disappointments in life and ever bad thing happen to me be the reason I’m slowly killing myself...so here I am again.... nothing beats a failure but a try.... no matter how many times you fall, you get back up again! Who else is sill out there?
  • Elaine1261
    Elaine1261 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am out here, not part of the group, but I just finished reading the posts from you and to see this return post from you today, the day I looked here for the first time just really touches me. Do not get discouraged. Start with one small change, then go from there. I would get overwhelmed with how much needed to change in my life to have successful weight loss, so I started adding things instead of taking things away...I added vegetables. I bought walking shoes, later in the week, I took them out of the box, then I put them by my front door, then I wore them around the house, ...then about 3 weeks later, I went for a walk and have been walking ever since. I have taken off 72 pounds and walk every day. You can do this. Elaine
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    Wow @Elaine1261 that is incredible! I’m so proud of you! Yes I need to add and not take away! Thank you so much for sharing and being such an inspiration!!!

• amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread and would love to join you, I am currently at 264 started the year at 282. Have been yo-yo-ing 5-10 lbs up and down for the last several months but really need to buckle down and get focused.
  • shanonlh
    shanonlh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was searching for a motivational thread and came across this one. I am currently at 208.6 pounds and feel physically and mentally awful. I've yo-yo'd back and forth over the past 15 years and it's got to stop. I know I can do this. I need to do this for ME. I suppose part of this journey will be to figure out "why" I keep doing this to myself and why I cannot stick to healthy habits. I'm hoping to gain some insight and inspiration from all of you. What I've read in this thread has really touched me and really spoke to me and my own journey. Hoping to get to know all of you better in the coming weeks.
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    Welcome @shanonlh @amlundie @Elaine1261 and @AnitaBthin ..... I’m so excited to encourage one another and reach our health and fitness goals together!