Gluten leg workout

Options
Now that I'm at my goal weight of 155 now I want to work on building muscle. I have some basic things I do and plan to start lifting heavy. Any suggestions on glute and leg workouts to see results by May/June?

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    lorionta wrote: »
    Now that I'm at my goal weight of 155 now I want to work on building muscle. I have some basic things I do and plan to start lifting heavy. Any suggestions on glute and leg workouts to see results by May/June?

follow a progressive lifting program and get enough calories/protein to fuel your body to make muscle(usually a surplus) as for building muscle it takes time for us women to build muscle so you may see results by may/june you will probably also gain fat as when in a surplus you gain muscle and fat. you can try a surplus of 250 calories and go from there. start here and find one that works for you. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
    also know that you need to work other muscles just as well. you need to be strong enough to lift heavy to build those glutes/leg muscle
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I do heavy back squats(one day 5x5, another day 4x7), split lunges/single leg squats, deadlifts, and hip thrusts. I also do upper body lifts and some extra accessories sometimes, like lunges and plies. But the squats, deads, etc are specifically for growing the legs and booty.
  • keithwp99
    keithwp99 Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    hmmm. I was intrigued by the "Gluten" Leg work title. I got nuthin'
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    keithwp99 wrote: »
    hmmm. I was intrigued by the "Gluten" Leg work title. I got nuthin'

Me too haha!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Did I miss the gluten-free leg workout somewhere?
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you'll see results by May/June, but squats, leg press, Romanian deadlifts, Smith machine hip thrust, abduction machine, and hamstring machine are my staple leg exercises 3x a week... Not all of them on same day... Like someone said: to follow a program would be good!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I don't know if you'll see results by May/June, but squats, leg press, Romanian deadlifts, Smith machine hip thrust, abduction machine, and hamstring machine are my staple leg exercises 3x a week... Not all of them on same day... Like someone said: to follow a program would be good!!

may see some small results in that short of time but it probably wont be anything magnificient
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Options

may see some small results in that short of time but it probably wont be anything magnificient

Maybe.. Everyone is definitely different..I know it took me a year to see noticable results
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Maybe.. Everyone is definitely different..I know it took me a year to see noticable results

exactly.