I haven't lost any weight.

Options

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    concur with other comments - focus on your logging for the next month, log everything that goes in your mouth; weigh it all and the let us know how you are doing

with the little that you have to lose, you need to be accurate; and may want to consider adjusting your goal to .5lbs a week

get to a doctor and get your thyroid medication (i have no thyroid going on 5 years and can lose weight as well as the next person)
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I looked at your diary and
    1) You have to weigh all food in grams. Granola bars can weigh a lot more than what the package says.
    2) Make sure you choose "good" entries in the database for things like the pizza (and you have to weigh that, too)
    3) Are you eating the sauces straight or are you putting them on something? Even carrot sticks should be weighed and logged, since they have calories, too.
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi, OP, I am also a female at 128 lbs. While we are all different, I can attest that it can be more difficult to drop significant weight when you are already pretty "light". I agree with the scale comments, weigh everything, and log everything! If you look at my log, you will see that I was over yesterday because of taco bell. A little embarrassing to log, but at the end of the day your log is a tool to benefit only yourself, so stay honest. Also, I notice that when I eat foods with higher sodium (again, taco bell), my weight is up for a couple of days due to sodium. Drink lots of water, and try eating whole foods in their natural form, like fruits, veggies, and lean proteins. Log whatever condiments that you use to cook or dress your foods in as well. Measure or weigh everything. I know it can be hard, but I imagine that you're close to your goal. Just keep plucking away at it, little by little, and it will come off. It's a good sign already that you aren't gaining, just not losing at the rate you would like.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    At 128 lbs, you have little room for error. You must log everything exactly using a food scale. I am not sure how tall you are but chances are unless you are shorter than 5'3", you probably dont have much weight to lose.
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion because it works for me. I weigh everything on digital scale. I see a registered dietitian. Not a nutritionist. An RD has a 3 year degree in university, mandatory stages in hospital, and are regulated. Anyone can say they are a nutritionist. Since seeing mine, i have dropped from 27% body fat to 10% since june 1 2018.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism. I've lost -40 lbs so far by counting calories and eating at 1500 calories per day. Also, since you say you're not on medication, I'm guessing you're self-diagnosed as hypothyroid which is very common for people who are struggling to lose weight. Do yourself a favor and buy a food scale- use it daily and log exactly what you eat. I wish I would have done this much sooner and saved myself a lot of stress, time, and energy!
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has said, but the rules of weigh everything and eat less processed food are the most important. Nutrient rich foods will make you feel full. After viewing your diary I would be starving, in fact I have issues with low blood sugar - I'd passed out. Maybe a nutritionist is the way to go (though that can be cost prohibitive).
  • PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 92 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Keeping in mind as well the following:

Sleep - and for some, more importantly when, and for how long, can play a role in weight loss. Lack of sleep, and lack of a good sleep time affects the body's ability to lose weight given the effects played on hormones, which can hinder weight loss and metabolism.

Calories in/out isn't always the sacred cow for everyone. In the past, I've stuck to a formula that has guaranteed weight loss - 3x exercise a week, rigid 1950 calories, 2L of water a day, and at least 7 hours of sleep that seems to need to take place at around 10pm.

If I don't stick to a respectable sleep pattern over time, I don't lose weight.
    If I don't exercise 3x a week at 1hr or more, I won't lose weight.
    Same goes for lack of water as well consistently.

The body is a funny thing - takes time to react and to work things out. However, unless there's an underlying physiological issue, it generally is pretty honest.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2929498/

• brujadelsol
    brujadelsol Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    shunggie wrote: »
    I agree with what everyone has said, but the rules of weigh everything and eat less processed food are the most important. Nutrient rich foods will make you feel full. After viewing your diary I would be starving, in fact I have issues with low blood sugar - I'd passed out. Maybe a nutritionist is the way to go (though that can be cost prohibitive).

I agree with this. Heck, I intermittent fast on occasion (for health reasons, not weight loss). I can go a good while without eating. And I'd pass out mid-fast, after eating what you eat, OP. Where's your lettuce? Your fruits? Veggies? Low calorie yogurt? Fish? Eggs? Chicken?

Also, as a rule of thumb, you want to lose no more than 1% of your body weight a week. A six hundred pound man can lose six pounds a week, easy peasy. You? That's no more than 1.28 pounds a week. But, you're so light already. Your TDEE (total daily expenditure) is probably pretty darn close to the 1200 minimum calories a day a woman needs to stay nourished. Which means, at this point, you can probably only safely lose half a pound to a quarter pound a week. Depending on your height.

Given that our bodies like to retain four or more pounds of water for any stupid little reason, and that at any given time you could have a pound of poop or pee in you, any little progress you make could be easily masked ... for weeks. (Then after weeks of waiting patiently, all that weight tends to come off overnight in one big whoosh.)

I also agree with those who say get a food scale. Get one! Measure, weigh everything that goes in your mouth. Every chip. Every cup of milk. Everything. At your weight, you'll have to walk a tight rope to lose weight. A hundred calories over everyday, and you won't lose. A hundred under, and you'll be malnourished and feeling like crap. Also, make every calorie count. Make it be as nourishing as possible. This will give you energy, keep you satiated.

• beckyr06
    beckyr06 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    @sponsorrebecca: I am concerned about you; after viewing your diary and reading the all of the helpful comments you have gotten here. You are getting the same advice you got when you posted back in September. Please seek out assistance, off of this site, from professionals if you are struggling with something in addition to weight loss. Hoping you find direction and peace.
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    beckyr06 wrote: »
    @sponsorrebecca: I am concerned about you; after viewing your diary and reading the all of the helpful comments you have gotten here. You are getting the same advice you got when you posted back in September. Please seek out assistance, off of this site, from professionals if you are struggling with something in addition to weight loss. Hoping you find direction and peace.

I don't think the if is in question. There is nothing wrong with seeing a therapist. At the very least check out a group session. I have, many others have, many are currently. Your posts and responses raise a few flags.
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    k0pplcov8bqy.jpg
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Get and use a food scale, add some exercise to your routine, and good grief, please eat some real food. It's a whole lot easier to be satisfied on 1200 calories of fresh fruits and veggies and meats and dairy and such than it is to maintain a deficit where you're starving yourself of any sort of nutrition in favor of only eating cookies, chips, and salad dressing. There's no reason you can't have an occasional treat, but you're not doing your body any favors if you're truly only eating the things you've been logging.
  • strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Your diary is a joke and your food choices are horrendous. Ranch dressing, pizza, Cheetos, cocoa....you have got to be joking.