Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bombshell Betty's (closed group)

What is Bombshell Betty's about?? I’m so glad you asked:

A friendly group. We pair up with a buddy to help motivate & support each other. The goal is not necessarily to lose lbs (but that is a plus) but to eat more healthy, exercise healthy, take time for your self. There will be 3 challenges a week 1. Nutrition 2. Exercise 3. Mind/body. Sometimes I will
add more then one but you have the choice to do the challenge or do your own thing. Me I like to mix things up so I’m doing them :)
It is more personal then just MFP friends because your buddy is there with you daily. And to see positive healthy changes with your body.

I am truly excited about this group! There are a few things to explain quickly. We now have a page on Facebook, so if you're a member of Facebook and have a profile,
below is the link. In order to take part in discussions, post on the wall, and receive status and note updates you have to be on the friend's list.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/217855604930963/#!/groups/217855604930963/#!/profile.php?id=100002486958019

As of right now, I am one that you should feel you can trust to email difficult questions that you don't want others to know you're asking. I know we are a family but
sometimes a question or problem can be deeply troubling and uncomfortable to face. I promise you that if you do not want others knowing that you posed a question, email me
and I will only post the question, not the person asking. I do this so that everyone can build confidence that they matter and that we are here to help.

If you don't mind someone knowing your question, just post it directly into the forum and answers will be posted and hopefully, true and honest discussions will occur.
Here is the link for your weekly check in. You can check in on your normal day that you usually weigh I’m not going to make everyone weigh in on the same day. All I ask
is that you have done your check in before the first day of the next week. For example we are starting on Aug. 23 so everyone needs to check in with their starting numbers
on Aug. 23,then just make sure you check in before week 2 starts on Aug.30....all the links to everything will be at the bottom of this post. What I do is open Notepad
and save all the links to my desktop that way I don’t have to read all kinds of posts to find a link. If you have any problems with anyone please let me know and we will
resolve or change it. I know that some people just do not click. I hope I did a great job picking for you guys :)
We have a total of 58 Bombshell Betty's!! There where a few that preferred not to have a buddy. If you said no on the registration form but since then have changed your
mind please let me know ASAP. And.....here are your buddy's!!!! I’m using MFP names.

rae_mayer & lmmgmm
ladycomix & Mistyb47711
Vold94 & Ansley1
ebelliss & josette26
jennmoore3 & KimberlyBryant
Amber393 & MrsFarrow
dmmarie21 & bbuckeye2724
jingly & noonoo757
Poised_N_Ivy & jls1311
Karenzephyr & Knkmfp
clong1985 & rissuhbissuh
DeeBear & Suamiga1217
sfalk1977 & paxetamore
Macbarbie1966 & Faithsvegworkout
blissout & Sarahjane60
happymel6 & Megcc
Mary_Kate & KimberlyBryant
canidoit11 & nomerebutterfly
teamLeela & melusinagr
felicityksr & bonniehoskins
juliecat1 & jennmoore3
codyinz623 & Rhflower
tatabanana & NewLife11
cklbrown & Tn92
foxieboxy & Suziq2you
hhicks74 & djenna8girl
ncgatorfan & mom2eagles
mushroom17 & Pearliosis
msimonof & Mynika
jenasylum & Mistyb47711

Now, when I paired everyone there where a few things I looked at. Some of you may be close in age, some may be not so close in age. To me I looked at different things.
First thing to do is message your buddy and introduce yourself to her and just give general information. Like actual name, if you are married or single, if you have kids,
what type of work you do, days that you workout, day that you weigh in. I am leaving it up to you guys if you want to give out email info etc...me personally I love to text
so I will give that info out to my buddy also. But that is just me. This is a personal journey for you and your buddy and don't forget that your buddy needs you. Give this
your all and make positive changes.

Part of getting in shape means changing how you live, from what you eat to how you schedule your time. But, what many people
forget is that changing everything at once can be so overwhelming that we end up going back to old behaviors.
If you want to make small, weekly changes on the road to fitness and health, this challenge is for you. We want to focus on the journey, not the destination.
Here's how it works:

•Each week there will be a post detailing your challenges for the week.

•These challenges will include:

•An Exercise Challenge - these challenges offer more structured cardio and strength routines. You'll have many choices for your workout, but always feel free to do your own routine if you like.

•A Nutrition Challenge - these challenges vary and will help you become more aware of your own eating habits

•A Mind/Body Challenge - here you'll find a number of challenges that help you relax, regroup and enjoy some quiet moments throughout the day.

Remember to check in daily with your buddy. Remember to check in with the other Bombshell Betty's daily even if it is to just say hello or start a conversation. Also, this
is where you will find your weekly challenges :) First one will be posted Aug. 23...CST............Good luck !! We are going to ROCK this!!!

For your weekly check in follow this link and just answer the questions :)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHVJazNva2NaSUtWbFYwMjlLT2lwTGc6MQ

Image Code:(Just copy & paste into your Signature and change the & to &
bombshell_wigs-1.jpg

Facebook Group page:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/217855604930963/#!/groups/217855604930963/#!/profile.php?id=100002486958019

Replies

• ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Yay! So excited to get started! Thanks for organizing all of this!
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 472 Member
    Feeling a wee overwhelmed but excited at the same time!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    No problem.....I was so excited that I couldnt wait until 2pm..lol....I have 1 extra but she is awesome so I dont mind having 2 buddies :)
  • mistyb47711
    Feeling a wee overwhelmed but excited at the same time!

Your gonna rock this!! relax and enjoy the ride :)
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    woohoo, can't wait to start!
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Can't wait!
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Submitted my first set of info. Can you tell I'm a bit keen?
  • mistyb47711
    Submitted my first set of info. Can you tell I'm a bit keen?

:)
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 472 Member
    Have to find the tape measure.. don't know where the boy moved it too. He gets nuts going on these cleaning binges. Drat.
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Can't wait to start. :) First official weigh-in is tomorrow, correct?
  • mistyb47711
    Can't wait to start. :) First official weigh-in is tomorrow, correct?
    yes or if you weigh in on Mondays you can do it today :) some already have
  • mistyb47711
    What is Bombshell Betty's about?? I’m so glad you asked:

A friendly group. We pair up with a buddy to help motivate & support each other. The goal is not necessarily to lose lbs (but that is a plus) but to eat more healthy, exercise healthy, take time for your self. There will be 3 challenges a week 1. Nutrition 2. Exercise 3. Mind/body. Sometimes I will
    add more then one but you have the choice to do the challenge or do your own thing. Me I like to mix things up so I’m doing them :)
    It is more personal then just MFP friends because your buddy is there with you daily. And to see positive healthy changes with your body.

I am truly excited about this group! There are a few things to explain quickly. We now have a page on Facebook, so if you're a member of Facebook and have a profile,
    below is the link. In order to take part in discussions, post on the wall, and receive status and note updates you have to be on the friend's list.

As of right now, I am one that you should feel you can trust to email difficult questions that you don't want others to know you're asking. I know we are a family but
    sometimes a question or problem can be deeply troubling and uncomfortable to face. I promise you that if you do not want others knowing that you posed a question, email me
    and I will only post the question, not the person asking. I do this so that everyone can build confidence that they matter and that we are here to help.

If you don't mind someone knowing your question, just post it directly into the forum and answers will be posted and hopefully, true and honest discussions will occur.
    Here is the link for your weekly check in. You can check in on your normal day that you usually weigh I’m not going to make everyone weigh in on the same day. All I ask
    is that you have done your check in before the first day of the next week. For example we are starting on Aug. 23 so everyone needs to check in with their starting numbers
    on Aug. 23,then just make sure you check in before week 2 starts on Aug.30....all the links to everything will be at the bottom of this post. What I do is open Notepad
    and save all the links to my desktop that way I don’t have to read all kinds of posts to find a link. If you have any problems with anyone please let me know and we will
    resolve or change it. I know that some people just do not click. I hope I did a great job picking for you guys :)
    We have a total of 58 Bombshell Betty's!! There where a few that preferred not to have a buddy. If you said no on the registration form but since then have changed your
    mind please let me know ASAP. And.....here are your buddy's!!!! I’m using MFP names.

rae_mayer & lmmgmm
    ladycomix & Mistyb47711
    Vold94 & Ansley1
    ebelliss & josette26
    jennmoore3 & KimberlyBryant
    Amber393 & MrsFarrow
    dmmarie21 & bbuckeye2724
    jingly & noonoo757
    Poised_N_Ivy & jls1311
    Karenzephyr & Knkmfp
    clong1985 & rissuhbissuh
    DeeBear & Suamiga1217
    sfalk1977 & paxetamore
    Macbarbie1966 & Faithsvegworkout
    blissout & Sarahjane60
    happymel6 & Megcc
    Mary_Kate & KimberlyBryant
    canidoit11 & nomerebutterfly
    teamLeela & melusinagr
    felicityksr & bonniehoskins
    juliecat1 & jennmoore3
    codyinz623 & Rhflower
    tatabanana & NewLife11
    cklbrown & Tn92
    foxieboxy & Suziq2you
    hhicks74 & djenna8girl
    ncgatorfan & mom2eagles
    mushroom17 & Pearliosis
    msimonof & Mynika
    jenasylum & amarie1508
    VendettaMachine84 & Claudia007

Now, when I paired everyone there where a few things I looked at. Some of you may be close in age, some may be not so close in age. To me I looked at different things.
    First thing to do is message your buddy and introduce yourself to her and just give general information. Like actual name, if you are married or single, if you have kids,
    what type of work you do, days that you workout, day that you weigh in. I am leaving it up to you guys if you want to give out email info etc...me personally I love to text
    so I will give that info out to my buddy also. But that is just me. This is a personal journey for you and your buddy and don't forget that your buddy needs you. Give this
    your all and make positive changes.

Part of getting in shape means changing how you live, from what you eat to how you schedule your time. But, what many people
    forget is that changing everything at once can be so overwhelming that we end up going back to old behaviors.
    If you want to make small, weekly changes on the road to fitness and health, this challenge is for you. We want to focus on the journey, not the destination.
    Here's how it works:

•Each week there will be a post detailing your challenges for the week.

•These challenges will include:

•An Exercise Challenge - these challenges offer more structured cardio and strength routines. You'll have many choices for your workout, but always feel free to do your own routine if you like.

•A Nutrition Challenge - these challenges vary and will help you become more aware of your own eating habits

•A Mind/Body Challenge - here you'll find a number of challenges that help you relax, regroup and enjoy some quiet moments throughout the day.

Remember to check in daily with your buddy. Remember to check in with the other Bombshell Betty's daily even if it is to just say hello or start a conversation. Also, this
    is where you will find your weekly challenges :) First one will be posted Aug. 23...CST............Good luck !! We are going to ROCK this!!!

For your weekly check in follow this link and just answer the questions :)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHVJazNva2NaSUtWbFYwMjlLT2lwTGc6MQ

Image Code:(Just copy & paste into your Signature and change the & to &
    bombshell_wigs-1.jpg

Facebook Group page:
  • megcc
    megcc Posts: 94 Member
    Yea! I'm excited to get started. I'll weigh in friday (since that's my usual weigh in)!
  • VendettaMachine84
    VendettaMachine84 Posts: 20 Member
    So excited to get started!!
  • mistyb47711
    So excited to get started!!

did you see the repost with your buddy?
  • VendettaMachine84
    VendettaMachine84 Posts: 20 Member
    I did, thank you!! How do I make the signature work? (Sorry, I'm new here....) :blushing:
  • So excited!!!
  • I did, thank you!! How do I make the signature work? (Sorry, I'm new here....) :blushing:

You need to change the IMG to lower case and it should work. :)
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Lowercase them img's. :D Weighed in!
  • I cannot wait to start!!