Appetite Suppressants

Racquel1
Racquel1 Posts: 93 Member
edited January 2019 in Food and Nutrition
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to find out if anyone take any appetite suppressants or fat burners to help them loose weight and if so which ones do you use and do you find the effective?

Also I am trying to get back to tracking my food after the Christmas period so would be nice to have some friends to motivate each other, please feel free to add me.

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Caffeine suppresses appetite for some. All the other crap is, well, crap.

I wish this were true for me. Caffeine makes me jittery, which my brain interprets as "low blood sugar, eat now."

I have had some success with making sure I get enough protein and fat. I don't actively restrict my carbs, but they tend to land somewhere around 150 when I'm hitting the other macros.

I have a similar issue if I have caffeine on an empty stomach.

Higher protein helps curb my appetite as does cardio. Lifting makes me want to eat everything.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    kami3006 wrote: »

I wish this were true for me. Caffeine makes me jittery, which my brain interprets as "low blood sugar, eat now."

I have had some success with making sure I get enough protein and fat. I don't actively restrict my carbs, but they tend to land somewhere around 150 when I'm hitting the other macros.

Higher protein helps curb my appetite as does cardio. Lifting makes me want to eat everything.

Lifting and swimming put my appetite through the roof. But such a great workout.
  • jessetfan
    jessetfan Posts: 373 Member

Lifting and swimming put my appetite through the roof. But such a great workout.

I'm the opposite, unless I'm careful to make sure I eat swimming kills my appetite for hours.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    jessetfan wrote: »

I'm the opposite, unless I'm careful to make sure I eat swimming kills my appetite for hours.

I'm a little jealous of that. :smile:
  • staceyperkins224
    staceyperkins224 Posts: 2 Member
    I take victoza injections. It was prescribed by my dr. I have tried lots of different over the counter stuff none that worked. But with the victoza It not only gives me satiety but it took away my sugar craveings.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited January 2019
    All are b.s.... unless you get something from a doctor. Not a supplement, but a REAL script.