IF is exaggerated ?

Options
Started IF since 25 days , can't notice any changes in my weight only 0.4 lb , note that im fasting 20 hours and im so strict with my food and the CICO , i know it's a rookie question , should i continue or what ? (im okay with fasting 20 hours)

Replies

• wderwich1
    wderwich1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Actually i don't weigh my food , but i suppose an excessive weight for everything i eat , per example when i eat an apple weighs 100g i put 120g in MFP ..
  • ginagurl79
    ginagurl79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    ginagurl79 wrote: »
    What’s an IF? Is there an appendix? Or dictionary? For all the short hand?

Intermittent fasting. Soupdujour

Why thank you
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    wderwich1 wrote: »
    Actually i don't weigh my food , but i suppose an excessive weight for everything i eat , per example when i eat an apple weighs 100g i put 120g in MFP ..

You need to weigh all solids and semi-solids (peanut butter, mayo, etc.) and measure all liquids except water. Guessing really does not work, you need to know how many calories you are taking in. Once you start logging accurately you can see where you are.

Intermittent fasting is nothing more than a fancy name for meal timing. It is one of many tools which can help people stay in a calorie deficit but it is the calorie deficit that will result in weight loss.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    are you eating in a deficit?

that is what causes weight loss
  • wderwich1
    wderwich1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys i'ill weigh my food for sure next time , @RoxieDawn actually i started with 16:8 the first day but i can't notice that im doing an effort , it was kind of easy for me so i decided to go with 20:4
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    wderwich1 wrote: »

If this was working the way you want it to, you would have lost more weight this past 25 days.

Get a food scale and come back and let us know what you learned.