JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Help! The cravings for food are so bad. Day two of reboot and boy this is tough. I want sugar, chips, everything! I’m full from veggies, water, chicken salad so I’m not starving, just withdrawing. I can do this!

Argh me too! I wont cave in if you dont!!
    We can do this!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Thanks @clicketykeys and @snowflake1968. I got graded outstanding on the observation lesson - woohoo! So so relieved and happy. The feedback was lovely. My boss can be quite reserved but she told me she was excited and couldn’t stop smiling because she could see the kids making progress right in front of her as the lesson progressed.

We get one each term so only three per year but it’s taken pretty seriously so I’m really happy to have two good ones done for the year. X
  • Faebert
    Options
    @Bex953172 - that is just so sad. Puts it all into perspective x
  • Faebert
    Options
    Sending lots of job luck to you @snowflake1968 and @AJB1014. Hang in there, I really hope good news is on its way soon.

And everyone struggling to get back on track and weighing in.... deep breaths. The year has barely begun and I believe in all of us. Lots of love x
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    6. Weigh in😢Done...but I almost cried... this is the heaviest I've been in more then a year

9. Dinner/dishes 😁😀😇I did both!!! THERE IS NOT A SINGLE DISH IN MY SINK!!!
    10. Fold clothes😆Spent time with Matt

I'm heavier right now than I've been in my entire life! So, I understand the wanting to cry. But we just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other. Always move forward. Drink our water and journal our food until we see what we need to tweak! It's all good!

<3 Love to you, Hannah.

Oh, I'm so sorry about this---just because of your heavy heart. But. You have not failed. Because you have not quit. You are still here. That means you have hope! Many years ago I heard a woman say that when we are going in the wrong direction, stop, and turn. Just stop and turn. You are both such strong women. And tenacious! But remember, even baby-sized steps is still progress. Drinking water, journalling are great ideas. Halting the eating by 8:30. Halving that dessert. Eating a salad instead of french fries with your cheeseburger. Even making one step is progress. Small changes can lead to big ones.

And remember, you are both very much loved and needed on this board!
    0twrax8yu0r5.png
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 29 January

Time to start the process of getting back on track after my holiday splurge!

Log accurately :)
    Make good choices, may not be in the green as I'm eating out tonight but need to move on from holiday eating and being a long way into the red :) not too far in the red
    Log water - unlikely to meet January challenge as I'm travelling today :) managed it despite travelling
    30 minutes activity of some sort. :) Thanks to @snowflake1968 .

• Bex953172
    Options
    Tuesday 29 January

Time to start the process of getting back on track after my holiday splurge!

Log accurately :)
    Make good choices, may not be in the green as I'm eating out tonight but need to move on from holiday eating and being a long way into the red :) not too far in the red
    Log water - unlikely to meet January challenge as I'm travelling today :) managed it despite travelling
    30 minutes activity of some sort. :) Thanks to @snowflake1968 .

Well done! Especially on the water and only being a little in the red!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT REcap

Oh my stars. So I told my stepdad on Sunday that I had a few interviews since I'm working part time and need to pay the bills. He said "Thats good...you should...be able to find something" So I'm like good, great, he gets it, no hard feelings. THEN, mom calls me up and says he is freaking about losing me! I'm like ?!!WHAT, he laid me off!!?!! So I called him up, and he's like "Well I just dont want to see you go back to your old job...and we still might be okay in a few weeks I just cant make any promises." So I'm like "yeah I get it, and I appreciate the opportunities but again, I gotta pay the bills." But its been weighing so heavy on me. And today I further explained to him my concerns about staying. I'm trying to be as transparent as possible with him since we're family, but its a tough spot since if I was just an employee I wouldnt even be having these conversations...blaaaaah

No Guilt allowed - it's business. This is like on the airplane putting the oxygen mask on yourself first.

I wish I could like this 100 times. The perfect thing to say.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT REcap

Oh my stars. So I told my stepdad on Sunday that I had a few interviews since I'm working part time and need to pay the bills. He said "Thats good...you should...be able to find something" So I'm like good, great, he gets it, no hard feelings. THEN, mom calls me up and says he is freaking about losing me! I'm like ?!!WHAT, he laid me off!!?!! So I called him up, and he's like "Well I just dont want to see you go back to your old job...and we still might be okay in a few weeks I just cant make any promises." So I'm like "yeah I get it, and I appreciate the opportunities but again, I gotta pay the bills." But its been weighing so heavy on me. And today I further explained to him my concerns about staying. I'm trying to be as transparent as possible with him since we're family, but its a tough spot since if I was just an employee I wouldnt even be having these conversations...blaaaaah

No Guilt allowed - it's business. This is like on the airplane putting the oxygen mask on yourself first.

Just the perspective I needed and knew I would get here! THANK YOU!!!!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,409 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    To whoever it was who posted a pic of their snow covered back yard...

It snowed where i live! Best get my shovel out! Oh wait...
    e7wgk9wxhxba.jpg

We've had some snow this month too
    izrmx60y4upe.jpg
    BTW, those are Adults on the road ....
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,409 Member
    Options
    JFT (before work only) Jan 29 REPORTING
    • out of bed RIGHT when alarm rings B)
    • NO OPENNING A BOOK! Time is of the essence because traffic WILL be bad! B)o:)
    • weigh-in / 2 X 5 minute HIIT / cook breakfast. (finish by 6:45) B)
    • Check Google Maps / Directions for traffic time estimate ... B) Decide (due to findings AND amount of snow clearing needed) whether to eat breakfast at home or pack it & coffee to have at the office instead Ate at home
    • Clear snow only sufficient to get car out of the driveway and leave in good time . B) Out of the driveway by 7:38 - early record for me.

JFT (after work only) Jan 29 REPORTING
    • Check Google Maps for best route home - expect a long drive. B)
    • another 2 X 5 minutes HIIT right when I get home (good for plus-or-minus 120 calories burned in seemingly no time ) B) 119 calories this morning / 131 calories before supper
    • Jogging / exergame before supper (can be relatively short now that I am starting to consider this my "Active Rest activity" rather than my "primary calorie burner") B):D before AND after supper for a total of 1hr 8 minutes .... I found this cycling video along the canal of my home town .....
    • Toastmasters getting the Level One requirements DONE after supper >:) Nope
    • Enter all my various MFP accountability reports B)
    • Wash up dishes (?) o:)

The last two still to do ... but first .... curl up with my evening snack before it gets too late .... and crack open the new book that arrived today ..... I don't get to read in the morning or on the bus commute anymore ....
    • Pre-weigh / pre-pack breakfast & lunch for tomorrow - pre-log everything for tomorrow including anticipated supper (did it once - can do it again .... )
    • Make sure car is plugged in and snow-screen on windshield before turning in

JFT (before work only) Jan 30 GOALS
    • out of bed RIGHT when alarm rings
    • NO OPENNING A BOOK! Time is of the essence because traffic WILL be bad!
    • weigh-in / 2 X 5 minute HIIT / cook breakfast. (finish by 6:55) PACK breakfast and take to the office to eat.
    • Check Google Maps / Directions for traffic time estimate and best route
    • Clear snow only sufficient to get car out of the driveway and leave before 7:30 (another bad driving day expected)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    To whoever it was who posted a pic of their snow covered back yard...

It snowed where i live! Best get my shovel out! Oh wait...
    e7wgk9wxhxba.jpg

We've had some snow this month too
    izrmx60y4upe.jpg
    BTW, those are Adults on the road ....

Wow thats so amazing! I dont think weve EVER had snow like that!
    I would love that much snow!

We live in the hills too! So technically we should get more snow yet last year we managed about 2 inches and it was chaos LOL, everyone must laugh when us brits complain about our weather haha!
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    January 29th:
    -Get to the gym 👍
    -Clean the house 👎
    -Don't give in to cravings 👎
    -Moisturize hands 👎
    -Go to bed when tired 👎

January 30th:
    -Be kind to myself
    -Journal
  • michiwano
    michiwano Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    JFT 1/29 Goals Recap:
    - ❌😔Log all the food I eat
    - ❌😔Spend 30 minutes on the elliptical
    - 👍🏾Report results/progress at the end of the day

JFT 1/30 Goals:
    - Log all the food I eat
    - Report results/progress at the end of the day

Hope tomorrow will be better than today.
  • Faebert
    Options
    Morning all. Up stupid o’clock as always and it’s dark and very cold (by UK standards, aka probably v mild for lots of you!). I’m sitting here trying to work out what to do for exercise today. I should probably go for a run as there isn’t currently any snow and I want to try and keep up the running. But the cold is putting me off so I think I’ll stick with the circuit training at home. Maybe run home at lunchtime and pick up the car so I can do evening errands a bit quicker.

Now my observation is over and done with I’m concentrating on the little one’s birthday this weekend. Going to be a busy few days so I need to try not to burn out. Shame I managed less than four hours’ sleep last night...

Tuesday goals recap
    - morning workout (this should help me get my game face on for this morning!) ✅
    - Assign partners for observation lesson ✅ already made the list this morning
    - Set out whiteboards and pens on arrival at school ✅
    - Obs lesson - read through plan during assembly, stay focused and positive, remember key questions to extend/tackle misconceptions ✅ yay!!!
    - Car at lunchtime?? ❎ younger daughter felt ill this morning so I promised to skip yoga and get home early
    - Hot yoga after work?? ❎ as above
    - 2ltr water ✅
    - Early night ✅

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout
    - early to work - staff choir
    - print off documents for cover teacher on arrival at work
    - run home lunchtime for car?
    - planning time in afternoon - no snacking!
    - water
    - pick up presents, wrapping paper, napkins and straws after work
    - cash for piano teacher
    - re-read 2019 goals and stay mindful. Be conscious that I haven’t slept enough and will be tired. Remember tiredness makes me hungry but it isn’t true hunger!
    - remind girls to email their grandparents before bed
    - early night!!

Happy hump day everyone! X
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    1/29 Day 22 Decided to have a real breakfast today. Omlet with toast by the time I got done logging I had used most of the days calories. The big thing was I really felt miserably stuffed. That meal did carry me through most of the day and I was able to finish the day still within my calorie limit. Nice save so it was positive.