What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Funny to read of the freezing conditions over there yet you could fry an egg on the footpath here. We had a couple of 46c (115f) recently.

I was thinking something similar. We aren't reaching the same intense temperatures as you guys but we're in the middle of a heatwave coming from Australia. I've been working at home in my bikini top and daisy dukes all week. I love it - awesome work attire!!

The heatwave is coming to an end thank god and this next week days will only be mid to hi 30c.
    Even walking the dogs in the late afternoon has been tough. One afternoon it was still 42c at 8pm. The dogs just want to be inside in the aircon , me too 😁
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Well could you ladies please pass some of that heat over here :)

f4y0xadlnc8c.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Funny to read of the freezing conditions over there yet you could fry an egg on the footpath here. We had a couple of 46c (115f) recently.

I was thinking something similar. We aren't reaching the same intense temperatures as you guys but we're in the middle of a heatwave coming from Australia. I've been working at home in my bikini top and daisy dukes all week. I love it - awesome work attire!!

The heatwave is coming to an end thank god and this next week days will only be mid to hi 30c.
    Even walking the dogs in the late afternoon has been tough. One afternoon it was still 42c at 8pm. The dogs just want to be inside in the aircon , me too 😁

I don't have air con :'( Just a $5 fan from a thrift shop that sounds like a 747 jet engine :D

People have been dropping like flies, 2 in the Carpark at the supermarket from heatstroke and even a few chooks died..
    I dont think I could survive without aircon. I remember when I was a kid we had no aircon but we had a lino floor that was cool to the touch that we'd lay on with cold washers on our face..

I've also seen it so hot that birds fell out of our fig tree, dead.
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

I don't have air con :'( Just a $5 fan from a thrift shop that sounds like a 747 jet engine :D

People have been dropping like flies, 2 in the Carpark at the supermarket from heatstroke and even a few chooks died..
    I dont think I could survive without aircon. I remember when I was a kid we had no aircon but we had a lino floor that was cool to the touch that we'd lay on with cold washers on our face..

That's what it's like during the summer here too. We have special cooling centers where the elderly and homeless can go to get out of the heat and get free water. It lasts for a few weeks at the least.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

That's what it's like during the summer here too. We have special cooling centers where the elderly and homeless can go to get out of the heat and get free water. It lasts for a few weeks at the least.

Cooling centres, what a great idea. Normally ours lasts longer too but it's cooling off this coming week.. only 4 weeks till start of autumn .. the year is flying by.
  • MrSunshinez
    Options

Cooling centres, what a great idea. Normally ours lasts longer too but it's cooling off this coming week.. only 4 weeks till start of autumn .. the year is flying by.

I imagine there's fire advisories all the time so there isn't a repeat of those tragic fires recently too? Dang, and just when the partner in crime and I got a box of fireworks for our next visit. :)
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    @ginagurl79

Did you work out how to post gifs? I use an app called giphy, on android you have to click to save the gif and then click on the drop down next to the picture icon here and then find it in your recents.
    I communicate in gifs mostly so, hope that helps.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

I imagine there's fire advisories all the time so there isn't a repeat of those tragic fires recently too? Dang, and just when the partner in crime and I got a box of fireworks for our next visit. :)

aib0c4gfvdl2.gif

It's actually illegal to set off fireworks without a permit 😜
  • MrSunshinez
    Options

aib0c4gfvdl2.gif

:D That would be our...I mean *someone's* luck not knowing the local laws and putting on a display for you when you got home. I'll ask some of my fireman friends for their opinions. They may have to come and make a physical inspection for approval. When's cuddle time again? :D
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

aib0c4gfvdl2.gif

:D That would be our...I mean *someone's* luck not knowing the local laws and putting on a display for you when you got home. I'll ask some of my fireman friends for their opinions. They may have to come and make a physical inspection for approval. When's cuddle time again? :D

Yes it would be *someone's* idea, and I know she'd force you to be an accessory 😁
    Cuddle time is 24/7 anytime for fireman 😉
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    I like to be a ghost who people don't think about.

You like really pale already, sooooo....
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    i cut back on my meds this past month because i started having some bad side effects. like leftover dreams bleeding into my daytime basically.

but this past week or so i been having some physical probs. like i hurt my neck and shoulder. and I've been having some recurring leg issues too.
    so i started taking them again hoping they'd put me under and I'd sleep good again and feel better faster.

but if anything I'm waking earlier every night again AND still having bad vivid dreams when im actually asleep- like those kind where you can't tell they're not real and you don't know where or when you are when you actually wake up.

Maybe they aren't dreams and are in fact glitches in the matrix
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Can a person actually crap 200 pounds a day ? 🤔

You trying to lose some weight before a cruise or something?
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    I like to be a ghost who people don't think about.

Wait. Do you though? Because if you really do, then you wouldn't point it out in a way that makes people think about you and wonder more about you
  • ParadigmShift82
    ParadigmShift82 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    i cut back on my meds this past month because i started having some bad side effects. like leftover dreams bleeding into my daytime basically.

but this past week or so i been having some physical probs. like i hurt my neck and shoulder. and I've been having some recurring leg issues too.
    so i started taking them again hoping they'd put me under and I'd sleep good again and feel better faster.

but if anything I'm waking earlier every night again AND still having bad vivid dreams when im actually asleep- like those kind where you can't tell they're not real and you don't know where or when you are when you actually wake up.

Maybe they aren't dreams and are in fact glitches in the matrix

251b3aib0etn.gif