Insanity buddy!?

Options
Hi all, I'm new here.. I'm looking for a buddy who is doing Insanity. I'm not following the diet they provide strictly but I am eating clean and logging on here! would love to chat about goals and such!

Replies

• lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm in my second round of Insanity. Currently in week 3. Feel free to add me :)
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am in my 3rd week of insanity, feel free to add me too
  • hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just started my Insanity also. Trying to keep a thread going on here also. Add me if you like I enjoy talking about Insanity and getting some ideas from others who use it. I too do not follow their meal plan, but try and eat healthy and stay accountable by logging on here. :)

Enjoy the burn and DIG DEEPER! :laugh:
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I just started on Monday. I am hurting but it feels good. It has been a bad food week but that ends today. I am going to start planning my meals so it is easier for me to account for my calories.

My husband and I are doing it together. A definite plus is that I did not feel like doing it last night, I was so tired but he made do it and I am so glad I did.
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I am 'new' to insanity. on week 4. And like you, I am not following the insanity food guide, just trying to eat healthy (lol, most days)
    Good luck on your weight loss goals and getting fit and finishing insanity...to start it all over again:) Feel free to add me if you like.
  • SJB016
    SJB016 Posts: 38
    Options
    I have done the program before.. and it worked so great! but it's been about a year since I did that.. I'll have to add some pictures later.. but i'm just looking to lose the last 15lbs :) I love doing the actual program with other people, but since that's not really feasible.. having someone to motivate helps!.. i haven't done mine yet today, but i will be when i get home from work. i estimate about 500 calories burned each session? that sound right? people say 600 but i don't want to overdo it and round up. I need to invest in a heartrate monitor... i'm on day.. 8 and i can already tell i have so much more energy! i love it!
  • connishko
    Options
    I've starting the insane abs disk but am having trouble doing the C sit position. It hurts my upper quads more then my abs, so much in my quads that i have to stop. Has anyone had the same problam and can anyone give me some advice on correct technique?
  • hypergrl
    hypergrl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've starting the insane abs disk but am having trouble doing the C sit position. It hurts my upper quads more then my abs, so much in my quads that i have to stop. Has anyone had the same problam and can anyone give me some advice on correct technique?

I find that I have too and I try to lower my legs a bit to focus more on my abs...the next time I do the abs session (maybe later tonight) I'll pay attention to my modification...anyone else got any tips on how to modify this exercise so your focus on the abs and not the quads?
  • SJB016
    Options
    I have never done the insanity abs... maybe I should invest in trying that on the day off.. after pure cardio I don't ahve it in me to do the rest.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Today was my first time for Pure Cardio - wow.
  • SJB016
    Options
    i love pure cardio!! :) i like all the routines in the first month, the second month is torture!!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    I am so nervous for month 2!!
  • SJB016
    Options
    I mean, it's a great burn because by the time we are done with Round one.. have our one week of light working out, the second month should seem as hard as the beginning of round one was :)

we should be hitting round 2 at approximately the same time..

the last time I did insanity, I overate, because I felt as though I somehow was evening out working out every day.. and now I'm doing the same. I'm on day 11 and even though i feel better, the scale is actually increasing my weight! haha! so starting today, I'm going to start cutting back my calories and stop thinking that cheating is ok.. cause it's definitely not :)
  • lulu1015
    lulu1015 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm starting insanity tonight! What am I getting myself into?
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    Yesterday was my rest day and I will say I did miss working out a little bit. And I was at a party so I grazed all day.
  • SJB016
    Options
    you are getting into an incredible workout! be prepared to push yourself!! my suggestion for the first time around is to try to finish the first couple days at your own pace.. instead of trying to go as fast as the people on the dvd instead of stopping!! you'll be in pain a couple days and when your legs are in pain, the only thing that will make them feel better is pushing play and doing the next workout ;) keep us updated on how your progress is going!
  • SJB016
    Options
    I feel the same way! I miss it when i'm on my day off!
    tomorrow is my day.. this is my first day that i'm actually staying within my calorie budget.. not sure if i want to keep eating my exercise calories.. how do you guys do it when logging on mfp?
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    what is insanity??
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm fixing to start my 2nd go round of Insanity today ... well, kinda. I only made it through the first 5 weeks the first time around before we went on a long vacation. I decided to start fresh when we got back. So I'm ready to get my booty kicked by Shaun T all over again! :) Its certainly a hardcore workout, but the results are pretty awesome! Good luck, everyone!!
  • SJB016
    Options
    I'm fixing to start my 2nd go round of Insanity today ... well, kinda. I only made it through the first 5 weeks the first time around before we went on a long vacation. I decided to start fresh when we got back. So I'm ready to get my booty kicked by Shaun T all over again! :) Its certainly a hardcore workout, but the results are pretty awesome! Good luck, everyone!!

those vacations!! they are evil! ;) i start P90X and got about 3 weeks into it then went on vacation to florida and fell off! good luck with insanity!! at least you know what to look forward to! :)