5'10 225 pounder guys tell me about ur success

Options
bikeraman
bikeraman Posts: 26 Member
hey...plz tell me duz dis thng rly work in a ryt direction??

Replies

• ashley25r
    Options
    It definitely does! It helps you get in a routine and stick with it :)
  • CarmenSox
    CarmenSox Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Can you think of a good enough reason to not try?
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I come close to meeting your description.
    I'm 5'9" and started at 228 on Jan 12. Now weigh 199.
  • bikeraman
    Options
    yeah dat sounds lyk a nyc thing..thnx.. :)
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit bigger than that...5'9, 247. I started at 289 though back at the end of February. So yes it does work if you stick with it. The biggest thing for me was portion control. Once I started really sticking to serving sizes and watching my calorie intake it clicked. I have hit a plateau lately so I'm trying to switch it up to get back losing again. Good luck my friend!
  • aset132
    aset132 Posts: 91
    Options
    It really does work. Log in every day. Even the bad ones. Logging and reading others stories helps you stay motivated. There will be hard days and the first couple of weeks are definitely tough but don't give up. I've lost 31 lbs so far and I've never been able to do that before. Good luck!
  • mohawk1971
    mohawk1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0" tall. I was 264 pounds on March 29th. I am now 210 and down 6 inches in my waist. This app/ web site really helps you stay on track.
  • bikeraman
    Options
    ohk..dn ur da ryt prsn sir...wat ol did u do 2 achieve dis??u did some kind of xrcyz or mayb spnt hungry nyts???plz do tl me..m curious abt wat ol shud i do!!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I am taller than you at 6'4 but started at 225lbs. I have had great success withe the help of this site since I began in June. I am down over 30lbs and 1.5 pant sizes. Counting calories in and out has been the #1 thing that has helped me to lose the weight. Sticking to the calorie plan and exercising a lot is what has allowed me to lose over 30lbs so quickly. Add me as a friend if you'd like to see my diary or ask questions....
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My name is Rain.

5'10" ... Started at 223 pounds last summer.

I cleaned up my diet (no more soda, fried foods, or sugary foods).

I started walking about 2 miles a day. I was dropping 15 pounds a month (eating 1200-1500 calories per day).

I'm now 170 and still kicking *kitten*. I've graduated from walking to jogging and am training for a 10k. (I hate walking and running, but I have so much energy I have to burn it somewhere).

As long as you stay motivated you'll succeed! The people here are great to lean on when you need help.

Kick it's *kitten*, then post the photos!!!

-Rain
  • jge009557
    Options
    It helps tracking your food sooooo much. I started 195 thirty days ago and its taken me to 186 in 30 days. you have to find a workout routine and stick with it. Cardio after weights helps too.
  • bikeraman
    Options
    thnx mr smbakke!! :)
  • bikeraman
    Options
    thnx 4 ol ur support n motivation jenn!!...m rly lukin 4wd 2 c mahslf more fit in da mirror!!:wink:
  • hibro91
    hibro91 Posts: 4
    Options
    When i started this i was 268 lbs (April 2011) and i must say that keeping track of your calories is the way to go. Burning more calories than you consume per day is THE ONLY WAY to lose weight. Gimmicks, fads , etc. are nonsense and we all know it. stay away from processed foods and put in 30 min of exercise (of any kind) and you WILL see results. 237 lbs today (31 lbs in 4 months). it's hard to keep up the work i know but the results are amazing and you will love yourself more and more!! keep it up!
  • bikeraman
    Options
    My name is Rain.

5'10" ... Started at 223 pounds last summer.

I cleaned up my diet (no more soda, fried foods, or sugary foods).

I started walking about 2 miles a day. I was dropping 15 pounds a month (eating 1200-1500 calories per day).

I'm now 170 and still kicking *kitten*. I've graduated from walking to jogging and am training for a 10k. (I hate walking and running, but I have so much energy I have to burn it somewhere).

As long as you stay motivated you'll succeed! The people here are great to lean on when you need help.

Kick it's *kitten*, then post the photos!!!

-Rain

love ur advice man..v bth hv almst da sm shape...nw m a lot mr confdnt dn a ws 30 minutes b4...ppl here rly help alot!!!
  • bikeraman
    Options
    When i started this i was 268 lbs (April 2011) and i must say that keeping track of your calories is the way to go. Burning more calories than you consume per day is THE ONLY WAY to lose weight. Gimmicks, fads , etc. are nonsense and we all know it. stay away from processed foods and put in 30 min of exercise (of any kind) and you WILL see results. 237 lbs today (31 lbs in 4 months). it's hard to keep up the work i know but the results are amazing and you will love yourself more and more!! keep it up!

thnx buddy...u guys r the real motivators!!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" in January 2011 I was at 233lbs

I have lost 30lbs so far and still going
  • zainyk
    zainyk Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    6 ft started at 288lbs on March 3rd 2011, am now 223lbs. Combine keeping track of the calories with exercise and it works.
  • triets
    triets Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Male 5'11 224 lbs started in April @ 246.
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and started here at 211, although I'm sure I weighed more before I started trying. I am down 17.5 pounds in 3 months. I feel like I could be doing better if I worked a little harder too. So yes, I would say this site works.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!