30lbs down in 2 months

Options
davani09
davani09 Posts: 43 Member
edited January 2019 in Motivation and Support
That's half a pound a day. I'm kicking my own butt's butt. Hell yeah.

Pretty proud of myself y'all. Just thought I'd share.

btw let's be friends. add me

Replies

• Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Are you getting any data to track if you are retaining muscle?

You'll get a lot of woo's for "losing too fast" on here.

I did every 2 weeks tests on a latest gen. Inbody... always first thing a.m. after rest day, same clothes, etc etc

It showed 30 lbs lost in 100 days and only 0.7 lbs of muscle loss; which I am super proud of. 21 lbs of fat loss and 8.3 lbs of water drop.

Don't mind the naysayers, but you also want to be sure you're losing the RIGHT weight. Muscle takes 10 times longer to build than fat does to lose, so do the math and decide what rate of loss meets your really long term goal before you starve yourself.

I hope to God you're doing some kind of weight lifting routine.
  • davani09
    Options

I did every 2 weeks tests on a latest gen. Inbody... always first thing a.m. after rest day, same clothes, etc etc

It showed 30 lbs lost in 100 days and only 0.7 lbs of muscle loss; which I am super proud of. 21 lbs of fat loss and 8.3 lbs of water drop.

Don't mind the naysayers, but you also want to be sure you're losing the RIGHT weight. Muscle takes 10 times longer to build than fat does to lose, so do the math and decide what rate of loss meets your really long term goal before you starve yourself.

I’m not doing any weight lifting right now. I dont see how people can think I’m losing too fast when I’m 428lbs.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Options
    428 lbs is a special circumstance. That seems like a reasonable rate of loss
  • davani09
    Options
    davani09 wrote: »

I’m not doing any weight lifting right now. I dont see how people can think I’m losing too fast when I’m 428lbs.

How do you expect people to know you're 428lbs?

I thought I said it in my other post somewhere. Whoops.
  • davani09
    Options
    Fatty_Nuff wrote: »
    428 lbs is a special circumstance. That seems like a reasonable rate of loss
    Agreed. But like all instances of rapid weight loss, OP needs to understand it will slow down. On his other thread, it was all about losing fast, fast, fast and having a deadline. That's a recipe for disappointment, imo.

I don't think having a 2 year deadline is a problem. That's a reasonable goal.
  • davani09
    edited January 2019
    Options
    y'all are mean for just wooing something that i'm proud of so i'm just gonna forget this community and just use mfp on my own without any of your support
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Options
    Good luck on your journey...
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    y'all are mean for just wooing something that i'm proud of so i'm just gonna forget this community and just use mfp on my own without any of your support

Wooing you can just mean that people disagree with you. Is that all right? I didn't woo you, but everyone wants you to think about how to lose weight safely--the right way. Don't resist all the good advice you got on your last thread. Good luck.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I think you would do well to consider how you can approach your weight loss a little less emotionally. You have a large amount of weight to lose. It won't all come off this quickly. People are just trying to help prepare you for some of the frustrations that inevitably accompany long-term weight loss.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,490 Member
    Options
    If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. But be prepared to fix it before you’re finished. There don’t seem to be any weight loss direct flights.

Not tech savvy enough for a link but if you use the search feature to look for GoaD (Guys On A Diet) you might like it there. I think there’s a drop down box to join the group.

• jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    How are you doing this??
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Options
    How are you doing this??

Round it to 9 weeks that's 3.3 lbs a week.

At 428 lbs that's a 0.77% loss per week.

So it's like a 200 lb person losing 1.5 lbs a week.

Its a standard loss by most calculations.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    edited January 2019
    Options
    At 7 weeks it's 4.28 lbs which is exactly 1% per week. Which is the beginning border of an aggressive loss.

Also consider that a 428 lb person loses far more water than a 200 lb person when cutting carbs.
  • jasonpoihegatama
    Options
    How are you doing this??

Round it to 9 weeks that's 3.3 lbs a week.

At 428 lbs that's a 0.77% loss per week.

So it's like a 200 lb person losing 1.5 lbs a week.

Its a standard loss by most calculations.

So how is he doing it?? what is he doing to lose the weight?
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Options
    Everybody does the exact same thing to lose weight

He eats less calories.
  • jasonpoihegatama
    Options
    How many calories?
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Options