Struggling

2»

Replies

• lisajames925
    lisajames925 Posts: 105 Member
    He said support for weight loss would be good idea to help me not obsess about food and exercise. I m not starving myself or anything it’s just the obsession. I am 5ft 4 and weigh 9st 6. I was 15 stone and a size 20 but now a size 10
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    He said support for weight loss would be good idea to help me not obsess about food and exercise. I m not starving myself or anything it’s just the obsession. I am 5ft 4 and weigh 9st 6. I was 15 stone and a size 20 but now a size 10

given your stats you don't need to lose weight? maybe look into recomp if you are not happy with your body as it is?
  • lisajames925
    I think it’s probably my shape I m not happy with. But it’s hard for me to see what I actually look like when the sight I see is different . To everyone else I look slim . To me I look big
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited January 2019
    I think it’s probably my shape I m not happy with. But it’s hard for me to see what I actually look like when the sight I see is different . To everyone else I look slim . To me I look big

then recomp is definitely the way to go.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat#latest
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    9kx9kkdy4fzt.jpg
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member

Put on a pair of size 20 somethings for a few minutes. That should help you see how small you have become.
    Then maybe your coach can help you to find a different measurement for success - not focused so much on mirror image but more on fitness and your ability to do things with your body that weren’t possible when you were a size 20.

I’m thrilled with what losing just 20 pounds has done for my physical participation in things.

Good luck to you.
  • lisajames925
    Thank you. It’s strange how my mind sees myself but that’s body dysformia for you. Going to focus more on exercise . I walk everyday on school run, 2 combat a week . A yoga session and started one swimming per week and a body pump class . Thought as all different might help burn fat and tone o