Week 4 Aug. Challenge - Team Amazing Grace (CLOSED GROUP)

Options
We are coming into the final stretch for AUGUST!! And surely you all KNEW this was going to get tougher!! :noway:

AUGUST CHALLENGE #4: INSPIRE AND RETIRE!
Week 4 and FINAL Daily Challenges

Day 1:
2 sets of 20 Windshield Wipers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeqA3O4DUk
3 sets of 21’s,
2 sets of Swimmer’s Press - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs

Day 2:
2 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps, - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YOYx1Jl68I
50 Squat Kicks,
20 Globe Jumps

Day 3:
20 Split Squat Jumps, - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MhElJ779AU
3 sets of 20 Wood Chops

Day 4:
40 ZigZag Hops, - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmaY_9-1EW4
3 sets of 21’s,
2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Press

Day 5:
2 sets of 20 Burpees,
50 Squat Kicks,
20 Globe Jumps

Day 6:
20 Mountain Climbers,
3 Sets of 20 Wood Chops,
3 sets of 20 Tuck Jumps

Rest on Sunday (or day of choice)

Monday 8/29 - Final Days make them count!
200 Jumping Jacks,
100 Crunches,
10 burpees,
10 mountain climbers,
10 globe jumps,
10 Squat Kicks,
10 ZigZag Hops!

These are a little different. IF YOU ARE ABLE AND YOU ARE! Do these consecutively. No stopping to rest, don’t break these into sets! Gary has designed this so you can see just how far you’ve come. Many of you would never be able to do all of these in one setting on August 1st.

BUT YOU’VE Found the inner Beast, You’ve Unleashed you ROCKSTAR and you’ve become an EXERCISE MACHINE.
I’m proud of you and you should be VERY proud of yourself!

Tuesday 8/30- Final Days make them count!
Walk, Run, Jog a 5K that is 3.2 miles straight no stopping! As fast or as slow as you need to!

YOU CAN DO IT I PROMISE! Gary said that at 447lbs he did it in one hour and 15minutes with 3 hills.

You can do this I promise! PUSH YOURSELF AND PROVE TO YOURSELF YOU ARE A WARRIOR!

Wednesday - REST DAY BECAUSE THURSDAY ITS GOING TRIBAL!!! (The new September challenge starts!)

WEEK 4 - WEEKLY TEAM CHALLENGES :

4000 team crunches,
4000 Jumping Jacks
and 100 extra miles!

This equals about 200 per team for crunches and jumping jacks for the week along with an extra 5 miles for each team member!

The Last part of the team weekly challenge is solicit a friend or family member to join MFP and begin the next month’s journey with you. Inspire others that’s easy. The retire portion of the week is about looking back at the past 30 days.

You have had to retire many old habits, many excuses and reasons why not to exercise. It’s time to retire those and move forward to the new you! YOU ARE MY INSPIRATIONS! Keep it up as we INSPIRE our circle of influence and RETIRE the old ways! Go Inspirations Go!

Replies

• amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Here is a link to a modified or "beginner" burpee which might be a little easier on those of us with bad knees, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIQx1FiQt50

Also, remember that you can substitute Squat kicks or globe jumps for burpees as well. Just let me know which ones you are doing.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Bump. OMG!! Next week is going to be tough.

Hey, for the final challenge of inspiring someone to join in next months challenge, does it have to be a new MFP member? Or can it be one of my current MFP friends?
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Bump. OMG!! Next week is going to be tough.

Hey, for the final challenge of inspiring someone to join in next months challenge, does it have to be a new MFP member? Or can it be one of my current MFP friends?

@SarahRuth - I think its supposed to be someone new to MFP. We might also need to make sure that the new people know there's a chance they might not be on the same team as you are, but on a different team because the teams will only consist of 10 people next month.

I'm gonna check with Gary and see if they just have join MFP, or if they have to join the challenge. I'll let you know once I get clarification.
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    What a challenging week! (10 days really!).

Do we send you our weights on the last day (the 31st) to get the full month, or will you just go by Sunday (the 28th) weigh in?
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Team Challenges:
    I can commit to 300 ab-crunches, 500 jumping jacks and 5 extra miles.
    No getting behind this week!!

Happy Mpnday =)
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I wlll do my best to keep up but I start back to school today so cross your fingers for me!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Ok, we are officially down to 13 people on our team now (in case you hadn't noticed)......

sooooo, since I know school has started, and some of you are students and some are teachers and we ALL are going to be VERY VERY busy this next 10 days..... but I wanted to post some numbers for you to "think about"....

4000 team crunches --> 13 people = 308 per person = 52 per day per person
    4000 Jumping Jacks --> 11 people = 364 per person = 61 per person per day (we have 2 that have a hard time with j jacks)
    and 100 extra miles! --> 13 people = 8 miles per person?? (dont forget, this is walk, jog, run, bike or swim!! but it has to be over and above what you "normally" do in a week.

I'm going to commit to 500 crunches; 400 jumping jacks; and 15 extra miles

Anyways, don't stress out about it.... let's just do our VERY BEST and have FUN finishing August STRONG!!

Post today and let me know what you can commit to as far as the team challenges listed above....

Have a GREAT MONDAY everybody!! I love you ALL!!!!!
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My commitment for the week each day will be...

60 Crunches
    100 Jacks
    2 Miles Biking

Let's get ~*~*~CRAZY~*~*~!!!
    :explode:
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

4000 team crunches --> 13 people = 308 per person = 52 per day per person
    4000 Jumping Jacks --> 11 people = 364 per person = 61 per person per day (we have 2 that have a hard time with j jacks)
    and 100 extra miles! --> 13 people = 8 miles per person?? (dont forget, this is walk, jog, run, bike or swim!! but it has to be over and above what you "normally" do in a week.

I will commit to the crunches... I can throw in 52 in a day for the team!

I will commit to doing some extra miles.... I should be able to do 1 extra mile tonight, Wed, and Fri. I think that I could get at least 2 in over the weekend but I will try to do 2 each day (no promises). So that is a total of 5 miles "extra" during the week for me.

I will work on the jumping jacks but my knee hates them... I will let you know how many I get done each day.
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    I can commit to 500 extra crunches, 500 extra jacks, and 15 extra miles. I will try for more, but I can promise at least that.

Who are our team members at this point? And who is on the September team so far?
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    @carrriebear - don't hurt your knee doing j jacks.... trust me - I'm sure that we can make up for you on that one.... I have a whole lot of "stuff jumping around" when I do those, but at least they don't hurt my knees!! Perhaps you could make up a few more miles for the team instead... in any case - don't worry about it!! Just do what you can!!

Our remaining members are:

carrriebear - (not sure about Sept yet)
    cath1717 (SEPT)
    caza6464 (SEPT)
    edithrenee - (not sure about Sept yet)
    lisaap77 - (SEPT)
    maureendonahue
    musky4
    SarahRuth (SEPT)
    Song2Sing
    TNGirlyGirl (SEPT)
    walkingingrace2011
    Xtine72 (SEPT)
    and ME! (SEPT)

I'm inviting all of those that can't commit to Sept. to continue to "follow" along with us on our posts for September... I figured even if you aren't able to participate in challenges EVERY DAY, you could still do some of the challenges when time permits PLUS, you would be GREAT cheerleaders for the rest of us!!!

And hopefully, if we do something in October, maybe by then some of you could come back and join us in October!! I've REALLY enjoyed getting to know all of you so much better!! I don't want to lose touch with ANY of YOU!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    What a challenging week! (10 days really!).

Do we send you our weights on the last day (the 31st) to get the full month, or will you just go by Sunday (the 28th) weigh in?

@maureendonahue - I just found out that since this is the end of the August challenge, everyone will send me their FINAL weight on the 30th.... (31st is a REST day).... so that will be a complete month....

Then for those that are in the September challenge, I will get a "starting" weight from you on either the 31st or on the 1st!!

Also, I am going to have more than one team, so that if your friends/family join MFP and want to join the challenge with you, they can be on the same team as you.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.... there will be more information coming in next week's thread.
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    Have a nice Week 4 everybody!!! :wink:
  • caza6464
    caza6464 Posts: 29
    Options
    Last week, lost 1lb

Monday
    Calories under goal
    10 glasses of water
    2 sets of windsheild wipers
    3 setsof 21's
    2 sets of swimmers press

60 crunches
    60 jumping jacks ( i will commit to these daily towards the team challenge)
    walked 1mile

Hoping to lose 1lb then i willhave lost a stone sincew joining MFP yippee
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    team members:
    i will commit to 52 daily crunches
    30 stair climbs (or more) daily
    and 5 (maybe more) extra miles until next tues
    (i have a 2.8 mile walk that i will do twice ? this week above and beyond my 'new normal' exercise)

i look forward to 'following' your progress for the september challenge and hope to encourage you -
    i however will have to not participate in (grandbaby #9 coming and a whole bunch of canning) -
    but will try - as i can - to be involved.
    thank you all - you have been the best team members!! you've really motivated me and its great to
    have gotten to know you'all.
    you guys are such a blessing to me - THANK YOU!
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Windshield CHECK
    21's CHECK
    Swimmers CHECK

Challenge
    2 Miles Bike CHECK
    60 Crunches CHECK
    100 Jacks CHECK

Water CHECK
    :glasses:
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    MONDAY, AUGUST 22nd

Hi everybody, I want to do this week still for sure: 200 Abs/day + 100 jumping jacks/day and I will do as much as I can for the extra mile, maybe at least 1 mile/day

Day 1:
    Water = CHECK
    Under calorie = CHECK
    2 X 20 Windshield Wipers = CHECK
    3 x 21's = CHECK
    2 X Swimmer’s Press = CHECK
    CHALLENGE: 200 ABS = CHECK
    CHALLENGE: 100 JUMPING JACKS = CHECK
    CHALLENGE: 2 EXTRA MILES = CHECK

Day 2:
    Water =
    Under calorie =
    2 X 20 Tuck Jumps = CHECK
    50 Squat Kicks = CHECK
    20 Globe Jumps = CHECK
    CHALLENGE: 200 ABS =
    CHALLENGE: 100 JUMPING JACKS =
    CHALLENGE: x EXTRA MILES =

Day 3:
    Water =
    Under calorie =
    20 Split Squat Jumps = CHECK
    3 x 20 Wood Chops = CHECK

Day 4:
    Water =
    Under calorie =
    40 ZigZag Hops =
    3 x 21’s =
    2 x 15 Swimmer’s Press =

Day 5:
    Water =
    Under calorie =
    2 x 20 Burpees =
    50 Squat Kicks =
    20 Globe Jumps =

Day 6:
    Water =
    Under calorie =
    20 Mountain Climbers =
    3 x 20 Wood Chops =
    3 sex20 Tuck Jumps =

Rest on Sunday
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    August 22, 2011

~2 sets of 20 Windshield Wipers ( whew, I felt those )
    ~3 sets of 21’s
    ~2 sets of Swimmer’s Press ( I did 50 ) how many in a set for this exercise??
    ~200 ab crunches for the team challenge
    ~200 jack's for the team challenge
    ~12 glasses of water
    ~under calorie goal

~Committing to 1000 crunches for the week (I am in the groove to crunch)!! 200 down today!
    ~Committing to 600 Jumping Jacks for the week, but wearing a good bra!!! I about killed myself in my leisure bra!!
    ~Committing to 8 miles of swimming, jogging, running, walking, talking, chewing bubble gum!!!

Fiddle around time = Swimming for 20 minutes

Joyful in the Journey,
    song2sing
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Under calories, 10 glasses of water.

21's - Done
    Swimmer's Presses - Done (Did two sets of 10 with 8 lb weights. There is not number specified)
    150 jumping jacks - Done

I need a substitute for those windshield wipers. I can't do them. :(
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    water in
    under calories goal
    my regular exercise
    2 sets of 20 Windshield Wipers
    3 sets of 21’s
    2 sets of Swimmer’s Press
    50 crunches.