Too Little Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    bunnyaa wrote: »
    lalalacroix, I'll try to explain the best to my understanding. There was a study done where participants who ate food containing more salt actually ate 15% more calories than a seperate group who ate food less seasoned. I don't know the exact science behind it, but I'm thinking if your food tastes better (aka more salt) then you eat more of it.

It makes sense that a person may naturally eat a food that is more palatable. I wonder how much more salt they were given.
  • bunnyaa
    bunnyaa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I really can't remember. I heard about the study a couple of years ago and I can't really remember any of the details just the results.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP, are you using a food scale? Have you double checked that all the entries you are using in the food database are reflecting the correct calories?

The fact that you aren't hungry, have good energy, and stable BG makes me think it might be a logging isue. How long have you been eating at this level, and how much weight have you lost?

yeah I was thinking this too. If I ate 750 I'd be a trembling mess. I don't even know how people can eat that little and not just fall dead on the spot. It may be that you are underestimating things when you log, because if you feel fine and have energy and so on and are eating well under 1400, then I don't know but there may be some logging problems going on such as logging "cups" instead of grams or choosing the entries with the lowest calories - for example "apple" can give you anywhere between 60 calories to 150 calories so you just go "oh i'll choose the one with the least calories"
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Oh and it happens that when I've scanned a barcode it gave me completely different calories to what was written on the packet AND the serving size might be 100g but when you actually weigh the thing it can be less or more.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I’d really check the logging first. You are saying you are losing about 1/2 lb per week, so you seem to be in the right kind of deficit for a nice slow and steady loss - but it also makes it more likely you are eating more than you are accounting for.