Help stuck in a plateau

Options
okay I got myself into the low 170s, been following the same food plan, only eating vegs & protein, pretty much same thing for breakfast, snack & lunch, supper I have something different every night. I just can't get the scale to budge anymore, any suggestions? Breakfast, hard boiled egg, coffee. Lunch usually a 1 cup salad & either chicken or turkey slices. My snacks (different times of day) is usually a protein shake & a low fat cheese stick. Suppers can be chicken, pork, beef with extra vegs (no potatoes, no rice, limited pasta occasionally) - just can't get scale to budge anymore. Calories per day are probably at the highest 800+

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your mfp user profile to indicate your present weight, your goal weight, and your new weekly weight loss goal? You have already lost some weight. I don't know how much. If it's more than 10 lb it could mean that a significant reduction in your NEAT has occurred by virtue of you being smaller and lighter now.

If you've been in a large calorie deficit very consistently for a couple of months, your NEAT has also declined. You can eat at maintenance for a couple of days to restore your NEAT in that case.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    scrantong wrote: »
    okay I got myself into the low 170s, been following the same food plan, only eating vegs & protein, pretty much same thing for breakfast, snack & lunch, supper I have something different every night. I just can't get the scale to budge anymore, any suggestions? Breakfast, hard boiled egg, coffee. Lunch usually a 1 cup salad & either chicken or turkey slices. My snacks (different times of day) is usually a protein shake & a low fat cheese stick. Suppers can be chicken, pork, beef with extra vegs (no potatoes, no rice, limited pasta occasionally) - just can't get scale to budge anymore. Calories per day are probably at the highest 800+

how long have you been at this plateau (of 0 weight loss not slow weight loss?)

do you weigh your food?

have you updated your weight in MFP (as you lose weight your calorie will be adjust as their is less "body" to maintain thus fewer base calories needed".
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • scrantong
    scrantong Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @Jerome what is NEAT I am not familiar with that term.
    And yes I have been eating that amount of calories for a awhile - I attached an average day of my eating for you to see - today with lunch, breakfast & my 2 snacks I am up to 718, supper most likely will be a 2 egg omelet w/kale added, as I work 2 jobs today and get home later.
  • scrantong
    Options
    October 2017 I was a 189 pounds and down to 174 right now, it seems weight comes off of me very slow.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    scrantong wrote: »
    @Jerome what is NEAT I am not familiar with that term.
    And yes I have been eating that amount of calories for a awhile - I attached an average day of my eating for you to see - today with lunch, breakfast & my 2 snacks I am up to 718, supper most likely will be a 2 egg omelet w/kale added, as I work 2 jobs today and get home later.

NEAT is Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, which is basically the energy you expend all day just living your life. This is the number MFP uses to calculate your deficit from.

Are you weighing your food on a scale?
  • scrantong
    Options
    yes I weigh or measure. I bring my salad to work in a small container that I know holds know more that a cup of salad, my turkey or chicken deli meat I weigh out so I know how many slices to have. My dinner I usually weigh my meat and keep my vegs to either a cup or 1/2 cup worth. The place we go to told me to be sure to eat anywhere between 500 - 700 protein calories, I do think I don't always hit that number