Any suggestions on at home workouts?

Short backstory: I started gaining weight at 19. I didn't even realize how much weight I had gained, or chose not to acknowledge it. I got pregnant at 21 with my first child, and had no choice but to acknowledge the weight gain. My starting weight at pregnancy was 235 lbs, and that was after losing weight with morning sickness that led me to go to the doctor to begin with.. I decided I needed to do something.
Fast forward 8 years and another child later and I've managed to lose 101 lbs with calorie counting and low intensity workouts (walks, or 30 mins every few days of low impact exercise like yoga or palates). Now that I've shed the majority of the pounds I had wanted to lose I want to tone up. Any ideas on at home workouts that don't require equipment? I'm looking into hiit workouts already so if you have had success or experience with that I'd love the input also! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• alliemaeg89
    alliemaeg89 Posts: 95 Member
    Thanks y'all!! Greatly appreciated! I'm very quickly learning that unless I want to pay for a program, Google/ YouTube are my friend 😂.
  • dinaahill
    dinaahill Posts: 4 Member
    I’m not a BB coach or anything but 21 Day fix worked wonders for me
  • alliemaeg89
    I actually have a friend that was getting ready to start that lol. I'm gonna have to ask her to spam me with info on it lol. My biggest issue is discipline. I have two children and am home with the youngest when I'm not working, so it's hard to stay on track with all the "MOOOMMM [insert request, complaint, or random fact here]" lol.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    I really like blogilates
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I actually have a friend that was getting ready to start that lol. I'm gonna have to ask her to spam me with info on it lol. My biggest issue is discipline. I have two children and am home with the youngest when I'm not working, so it's hard to stay on track with all the "MOOOMMM [insert request, complaint, or random fact here]" lol.

I downloaded a 7 minute workout app on my phone, and just squeezed those in whenever I can. Might be a good thing for when your days are hectic?
  • alliemaeg89

I downloaded a 7 minute workout app on my phone, and just squeezed those in whenever I can. Might be a good thing for when your days are hectic?
    Which one do you use? I might have to search my app store, right now I've just been searching short workouts on YouTube. The last few workout apps I've had have literally just been diagrams of basic exercises lol.
  • alliemaeg89

Awesome!! Thank you for the great resources!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited January 2019

Which one do you use? I might have to search my app store, right now I've just been searching short workouts on YouTube. The last few workout apps I've had have literally just been diagrams of basic exercises lol.

S Health Workout trainer for Samsung and 7 Minute Workout.

ETA: These have little videos of how to do the excersise too. It's kind of nice because you can pick something, play it and roll with it.
  • terryodohertypt
    terryodohertypt Posts: 2 Member
    Check out the gym cube app, lots of the workouts on there need little or no equipment 😊
  • lolakaye198
    lolakaye198 Posts: 3 Member
    There is some pretty great hiit workouts on YouTube that my little girls actually really like to watch and do with me. Also a new thing I started doing is boxing and danette may flat belly workouts. Intense! She's on YouTube and also will ship a DVD for a small shipping charge
  • alliemaeg89
    Awesome! Thanks for all the feed back y'all!! It's super appreciated! I actually did my first hiit workout via YouTube yesterday and my youngest decided to add "weight " to my planks. Oh my gravy I'm going to have my work cut out for me lol. Upper body is killing me hahaha...
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    edited February 2019
    2nd 21 day fix, I'm not a coach or buy any beach body products, but I keep an annual subscription to on demand because it's really reasonable - 99 dollars per year.
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    I have seen a ton of workouts on pinterest that are no or minimal equipment. All free and all around the same intensity as some of my hitt classes at the gym.
  • danaph3681
    danaph3681 Posts: 13 Member
    Something else to try is the resistance bands. I ordered some for a friend who travels some for him to use if no gym close by him. I got a nice set from Amazon for $20.
  • alliemaeg89
    Awesome thanks y'all! Free and cheap are my favorites 😁😂
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    I love Jillian Michaels - maybe 30 day shred to start with then ripped in 30 and work up to body shred x
  • alliemaeg89
    cask16 wrote: »
    I love Jillian Michaels - maybe 30 day shred to start with then ripped in 30 and work up to body shred x

Omg thanks, I forgot all about her!! She's great, I love her charisma!! I'll definitely look into that, perhaps there's a box set on Amazon lol I'm going to check.