Help

Options
Hi my name is Angela I'm new to this app and not quite sure if I'm doing it right. I can in put my food in take but not a hundred percent sure how the calories thing can I eat any thing up to 1,200 calories or do i have to eat 1,200 stupid question i know .

Replies

• HeyJulya
    HeyJulya Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you settled on 1200 cals, but assuming that is correct for you/your goals and lifestyle, then eat TO 1200 calories. Make sure you divide the calories over protein, fats and carbs (if eating carbs). Set your % of each in MFP Goals/Settings along with the calories. There are a lot of macros calculators in the internet to assist with the breakdown of each. MFP will calculate how well you are doing daily toward the amounts of each macro in your foods. Good luck!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting out then I really wouldn't pay much attention to macros just yet. That can come later when you get the calories down.

Yes you should eat all of your calories. And if you decide to exercise you should also eat a portion of those back as well.

1200 calories is about the lowest a female should go for most women. What is your height and weight? How much are you trying to lose?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    1200 may not be the right goal for you. VERY VERY few people need to eat that little to lose weight.

but for the rest, here is a guide to get your started:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest