Useless Fact of the Day

Replies

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Other than the costume, HeMan and Prince Adam look almost exactly alike. The only difference is that HeMan has a tan.
    I suppose once you get a tan, your family and friends no longer recognize you?
    I've also always been annoyed that Superman's city, friends, and co-workers no longer recognize him when he puts on or takes off his glasses.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Moonshine alcohol jugs are typically marked with 'XXX' in cartoons because it needs to be distilled 3 times to reach nearly 100% pure alcohol. Each 'X' signifies a distillation.
  • cee134
    sarjenki wrote: »
    Other than the costume, HeMan and Prince Adam look almost exactly alike. The only difference is that HeMan has a tan.
    I suppose once you get a tan, your family and friends no longer recognize you?
    I've also always been annoyed that Superman's city, friends, and co-workers no longer recognize him when he puts on or takes off his glasses.

There's a good SNL skit about this.
  • cee134
    'b' , 'p' , 'd' and 'q' are all different versions of the same letter.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    'b' , 'p' , 'd' and 'q' are all different versions of the same letter.

*orientations
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    sarjenki wrote: »
    <stoner voice> No way-yyyyy, duuuuuuude. They, like, have totally difference voices!
  • cee134
    Spongebob has been at the Super Bowl more times than the Detroit Lions.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    The voice actor who voiced spongebob was also Heffer Wolfe in "Rocko's Modern Life", Ice King in "Adventure Time", narrator for "The Powerpufd Girls" (that's one I actually didn't know before looking it up), Dog in "CatDog", and Carl in "Johnny Bravo".
  • cee134
    Elephant shrews were called that because they are shrews with flexible noses like an elephant, but genetic analysis discovered they are not true shrews and are actually more closely related to elephants.

knavmr1g9flp.jpg
  • cee134
    The Song "Hit Me Baby One More Time" was written by a Swede who meant the chorus to mean "hit me up on the phone one more time" but mistranslated it.
  • cee134
    A jazz musician named Teri Pall invented a version of the cordless phone in 1965 but could not market her invention, as its 2-mile range caused its radio signals to interfere with aircraft communications.
  • cee134
    The pirate Benjamin Hornigold once raided a merchant ship just to steal the hats from the ship's crew because his crew had gotten too drunk the night before and had thrown their hats overboard.

https://www.history101.com/pirate-benjamin-hornigold-raided-ship/
  • cee134
    If you’re thirsty and start drinking a glass of water you’re technically drinking your problems away.
  • cee134
    We're the only animals that exist that know about dinosaurs.
  • cee134
    Mark Knopfler agreed to allow Weird Al to parody "Money For Nothing" on the condition that Knopfler play the lead guitar on the track to add "authenticity."
  • Male students enrolled at Brigham Young University need a doctor’s note to grow a beard.
  • cee134
    Darth Vader grew up saying "Yippee!" when he was excited.
  • losingit711
    losingit711 Posts: 316 Member
    What?????
  • cee134
  • cee134
    Verb is a noun.