February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Im several pages behind, mostly because we have no internet at home atm (at work now).

No run for me today, and am seriously contemplating no gym as well. I am so tired from a crap sleep last night, I can barely keep my eyes open, and i have a major headache. Skipping one day is not going to kill me.

Part of me thinks a walk at lunch will be good, mostly because I'm on a 16 day streak for daily steps. But Garmin keeps putting my goal up! Not sure how much longer I can keep at the extra steps, but I like the challenge haha. Today its set for 13400. Easy if I run in the morning, not so easy if i dont. I've been doing a lot of marching on the spot over the weekend but now have aches in my legs. dumb eh.

/hugs I feel crummy after going out last night and am skipping the run today, too. It's totally allowed.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I went back to my spreadsheet and was able to add up the mileage on my shoes - easier than it might have been since I only ran in the one pair until I bought the trail shoes last fall, and almost immediately started tracking my running outfits for winter purposes. Turns out I've got about 525 miles on the Ghost 10s and 60 on the Peregrine 8s. Definitely time for another pair! I haven't noticed any real issue with the Ghosts and don't think I'll retire them immediately, but will definitely keep an eye out for any weird twinges. @PastorVincent: I remember someone mentioning having over 800 miles on a pair of shoes - was that you?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Im several pages behind, mostly because we have no internet at home atm (at work now).

No run for me today, and am seriously contemplating no gym as well. I am so tired from a crap sleep last night, I can barely keep my eyes open, and i have a major headache. Skipping one day is not going to kill me.

Part of me thinks a walk at lunch will be good, mostly because I'm on a 16 day streak for daily steps. But Garmin keeps putting my goal up! Not sure how much longer I can keep at the extra steps, but I like the challenge haha. Today its set for 13400. Easy if I run in the morning, not so easy if i dont. I've been doing a lot of marching on the spot over the weekend but now have aches in my legs. dumb eh.

Skip the run, maybe, but a walk might do you some good. Clear the head and all that. Just a suggestion... do what seems right to you.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I went back to my spreadsheet and was able to add up the mileage on my shoes - easier than it might have been since I only ran in the one pair until I bought the trail shoes last fall, and almost immediately started tracking my running outfits for winter purposes. Turns out I've got about 525 miles on the Ghost 10s and 60 on the Peregrine 8s. Definitely time for another pair! I haven't noticed any real issue with the Ghosts and don't think I'll retire them immediately, but will definitely keep an eye out for any weird twinges. @PastorVincent: I remember someone mentioning having over 800 miles on a pair of shoes - was that you?

Whatever you do, do not follow my millage for shoes... I kind of regret mentioning how many miles I put on a pair. Let's just leave it at "more than recommended" :)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options

Whatever you do, do not follow my millage for shoes... I kind of regret mentioning how many miles I put on a pair. Let's just leave it at "more than recommended" :)

Hah, fair enough.