February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ariceroni wrote: »

PS- @kristinegift I saw you are in the DC area now. I'll be moving there (Bethesda, MD) in June for a post-doc! As a fellow midwesterner, the mild winters are definitely what I'm looking forward to most :wink: I'll have to get some intel from you on the best trails in the area once I move

@ariceroni That's so exciting! The winters are so much better here B) Hit me up and I can definitely get you hooked up with some good VA/MD/DC running!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh it was so good to race again :-) Nice and cool and cloudy, very relaxed and friendly atmosphere which is why I love small, local and charity races. It was rather disconcerting as the place announced as the start was actually the finish. So we were all herded about half a kilometre down the seafront at a jog to the start line (extra warm-up there I guess), then the race came back the way we'd come and did two loops of the shopping streets. My husband and daughter ran about half then slowed to a walk for a bit while I continued running. Wasn't aware of pushing it until I realised there was around 500 metres left to the finish line and let rip. However, my official time was 18.44 which gives a pace of something crazy like 2 minutes per kilometre faster than the pace I train at. Legs might be a little sore tomorrow, oops don't tell the physio!
    I failed to come last in my AG, was 12th of 16. My daughter is actually pretty chuffed because although she walked half of it she was still 9th of the19 teenaged girls. Hopefully this will motivate her to actually train a bit for the others (it's a series of 3, 3km today, 5km next month and 7km in April).

Well done!!!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo those pictures are awesome!
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Butterchop wrote: »
    So I took a different route this week that was a bit longer and decided if I had to walk I would just walk no biggie but I DIDN'T WALK AT ALL AND IT WAS 8 MILES. 8!!!! I CAN OFFICIALLY RUN 8 MILES WITHOUT WALKING!! :)B)

Fantastic! B) Well done! <3
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Yay @eleanorhawkins sounds like a lot of fun!

I went out this morning for a short 3k recovery run. Still getting pains in my hips - it band - and a little in my knee - it band- so kept it short and got out the foam roller. That hurts but hopefully a good hurt. Had a kitty helper - he loves to play with my hair lol
    zgvbyfqzhzsd.jpg

My new phone is a fancy dual camera thing - 24 megapixel front camera. Its quite high tech and I'm still figuring it out. It takes beautiful pics but they just look a bit overprocessed to my eye. Built in beautification I think.

What phone is it? You can adjust a lot of that in the settings. And if you are used to older phone pics they will tend to look over processed because new phones are *almost* as good as real cameras. Most people can't tell the difference between my phone and DSLR landscapes. ;)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @workaholic_nurse That knee looks pretty bad. Glad you weren't hurt any worse.

@MobyCarp You amaze me with the paces and races you run. Have you been a runner all of your life?