February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    No run for me today, but today was a fun day. The proofs for my new book arrived, and the ebook was released in all stores.

Now, I just need to write the sequel. Need figure out how to write and do long runs at the same time! :D

Congrats! Share the link please. If you already did, sorry, I'm bad about keeping up in here.

I can not link to my books directly, as I am sure that would run afoul of "do not sell your junk on our forum" rules. (very reasonable rule really!) Here is a picture of the books though, so you can see the killer artwork. I really am happy how it came out:

@PastorVincent Congrats!!! I just bought the ebook on Amazon and β€œfollowed” you on the weird new Amazon blog follow thingy. I love sci-fi/fantasy novels and look forward to reading it. :)
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    shanaber wrote: Β»
    HonuNui wrote: Β»
    Feburary Goal: Just keep trying
    @Elise4270 wrote: Β»
    How about a monthly question?
    What are your current running goals? Do you have a PR your chasing?
    And maybe tell me something about you, others may not know.

...goal, just keep moving to try to keep the joints from stiffening up...because (you may not know....)
    with the possible exception of @Tramboman, I am the oldest poster on this challenge....

We're not the oldest -- we're just the most youthfully challenged...

@Tramboman and @HonuNui - Love this!! So now I am youthfully and height challenged :) I like to tell people (my doctor especially) that yes, I am getting older but I am NOT old.... Also I think @mobycarp fits in here somewhere too.

I love the genealogy stories! My parents families have been in the US a long time (pre-revolutionary) and are pretty well documented going way way back so I didn't have much to research there. My husband's father though was 1st generation from Hungary so he has done a lot of research and found relatives here and in Hungary. It is really a lot of fun especially with more and more records being made available online. I am on FamilySearch (free) and he had an Ancestry account for a while. I think I found as much if not more on the free site other than things like military records.

@shanaber Check with your local library about free genealogy resources. Our library offers free access to Ancestry.com. They also have free intro to genealogy classes and store the county’s genealogy records.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Well done!!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Well done, glad you had fun!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Date...........Run.......Walk
    02/01........11M.......0.0M
    02/02........20M.......0.0M
    02/03........00M.......0.0M
    02/04........13M.......3.8M
    02/05........00M.......3.5M
    02/06........09M.......1.0M
    02/07........00M.......3.5M
    02/08........00M.......0.0M
    02/09........11M.......0.0M
    02/10........00M.......0.0M
    02/11........07M.......3.5M
    02/12........00M.......2.2M
    02/13........00M.......3.4M
    02/14........11M.......3.4M
    02/15........00M.......2.2M
    02/16........10M.......0.0M

---MTD: 26.8 miles walking, 92 miles running, and 0KM resting

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: Β»

How about a monthly question?
    What are your current running goals? Do you have a PR your chasing?
    And maybe tell me something about you, others may not know.[/i]
    ...goal, just keep moving to try to keep the joints from stiffening up...because (you may not know....)
    with the possible exception of @Tramboman, I am the oldest poster RUNNER on this challenge....

Oh. I corrected that for ya :wink:

You edited the wrong word - you should have changed "oldest."