February 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    My thingy for placing 2nd in AG at the St Jude Marathon Weekend 5k in December finally arrived in the mail today! I never won a thingy before!
    nhuqt6o1rs9z.jpg

Nice thingy!!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    2-1 7k easy
    2-2 7k easy
    2-3 Rest
    2-4 7k easy
    2-5 Rest
    2-6 7k slow
    2-7 7k intervals
    2-8 Rest
    2-9 7k slow
    2-10 12k slow
    2-11 7k recovery
    2-12 Rest
    2-13 7.3 k slow
    2-14 7k intervals
    2-15 Rest

February Total: 75.3k
    February Goal: 100k

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?
    Run at least 4 5k races.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k.
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Run the Year Team: Five for Nineteen

Scheduled rest day. Very windy out.

2019 Races:

4-13 Shine the Light 5K
    6-1 Freedom 5K
    6-30 Strides for Starfish 5k
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    My thingy for placing 2nd in AG at the St Jude Marathon Weekend 5k in December finally arrived in the mail today! I never won a thingy before!
    nhuqt6o1rs9z.jpg

That is a GREAT thingy.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    nhuqt6o1rs9z.jpg

oh shiny

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    Milwaukee marathon has had issues with execution and distance.
    Idk if they had it last year. But new management or something along those lines. Yay. I think I will try to sign up tomorrow.

Lakefront is on my list but i want to be looking more at a 50k around that time. If it fits, i might run it.

Via has a new 10k this year. Maybe I'll try that.

Thanks all for the input. (I didn't even think about the shoes @7lenny7 )

@mbaker566: Facebook just told me that if you sign up for the Milwaukee Marathon by today you can save 20% on any distance entry fee with the code VDAY19.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    Idk if they had it last year. But new management or something along those lines. Yay. I think I will try to sign up tomorrow.

Lakefront is on my list but i want to be looking more at a 50k around that time. If it fits, i might run it.

@mbaker566: Facebook just told me that if you sign up for the Milwaukee Marathon by today you can save 20% on any distance entry fee with the code VDAY19.

that was what started the whole thing. i saw it was on sale but then i started looking around at the others. and they sounded nice.

thanks for the looking out :)
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

that was what started the whole thing. i saw it was on sale but then i started looking around at the others. and they sounded nice.

Ah, that makes sense! I'm going to keep this one in my back pocket for a possible first marathon (most likely not this year, though). I've heard that the Twin Cities Marathon isn't a great one for first-timers on account of difficulty, and while Chicago has been recommended a couple of times it's so freaking HUGE that's a bit overwhelming. I've never been to Milwaukee and it looks like a nice place. Plus, it's closer than Chicago.
  • mbaker566
    Options

Ah, that makes sense! I'm going to keep this one in my back pocket for a possible first marathon (most likely not this year, though). I've heard that the Twin Cities Marathon isn't a great one for first-timers on account of difficulty, and while Chicago has been recommended a couple of times it's so freaking HUGE that's a bit overwhelming. I've never been to Milwaukee and it looks like a nice place. Plus, it's closer than Chicago.

lakefront is a bit bigger and better established. Milwaukee marathon looks nice. i've heard mixed reviews.
    Milwaukee itself is nice. we have a great lakefront. awesome food. lots of history and unique architecture. state parks within an hour. a good county park system in mke and the neighboring counties (i like waukesha county parks the best). We have issues like big cities. But overall, i really like it here. thus, me being here and not in OR or WA
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    nhuqt6o1rs9z.jpg

That is super cool! As a side note, we are first-name twins, but I don't think that I've ever met someone with our name born before 1980. I was born in 1983, i.e. peak Thorn Birds era. It took me a long time to appreciate what a nice name it is given how common it was when I was growing up.

It was rare when I was growing up (born 1968) but curiously my best friend in high school was another. And there were a sprinkling earlier than that, since I was named for my mom's partner in her birthing class, who was from Scotland, where maybe it was more common.

Since it was rare when I was little, I had a whole different set of experiences from yours - I was always annoyed that those name plates for kids' bicycles didn't come with my name, and no one could pronounce it!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

@MegaMooseEsq There are also qualification requirements to sign up for Chicago, as with Boston, New York, etc. I'm not fast enough for any of them, but was able to sign up for Chicago by fundraising for charity. It's a charity that is working on a cure for type 1 diabetes, so it actually is perfect for me anyway.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    i really like this guy

mountain lion guy gave an interview.