Replies

• Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    01Feb - 1.85 miles (treadmill)
    03Feb - 3.85 miles (outside)
    04Feb - 1.8 miles (treadmill)

Total to date: 7.5 miles of 40

No running for a day or so now - Zumba tomorrow evening and I normally rest on Wednesdays (this should change when it gets lighter and I can run outside in the evenings).
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @midwesterner85 a DNF or DNS is not a badge of shame. If you're going to do three marathon+ races three weekends in a row you have the distinct possibility of a DNS or DNF regardless of how well trained you are, but that shouldn't stop you from going for it if that's what you want. I'd plan on even less than the taper week that @PastorVincent is suggesting though. You're not going to lose any fitness in a week so let your body recover between the races and just go for walks.

Yeah, you were a bit more clear, but I think we are saying the same thing. I would run at least a couple short easy times though. I find if I do not I get stiff and that makes the race less comfortable. But that might just be a me thing.
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Nooooo.... I hit "done" before I posted! :/
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Sparx_81 wrote: »

I've done that sooooo many times.

Now if I'm going to post more than a few sentences from the mobile app I try to remember to type it up in my email app and then copy /paste the text over here.

Yeah, anytime a post is long, typing it first in Word or Email, or something is good advice.
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Sparx_81 wrote: »

I've done that sooooo many times.

Now if I'm going to post more than a few sentences from the mobile app I try to remember to type it up in my email app and then copy /paste the text over here.

Yeah, anytime a post is long, typing it first in Word or Email, or something is good advice.

I normally do but I was rushing due to kids... :p