What are the reasons behind your desire to lose weight?

Options
My Three Reasons are...
1) Healthy Pregnancy in The Future (Be able to see my belly grow.)
2) More Energy and Confident in My Clothes (Confident going Shopping)
3) 10% of me, really just wants to brag that I finally did it! (To the people who didn't believe in me.)

Replies

• LovelySavannah
    LovelySavannah Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    1.) Healthier for me. My family has a history of type 2 diabetes, obesity, and cholesterol/blood pressure problems so I'm trying to avoid them and help my body.
    2.) Simply because I want to look better. I want to look good in my clothes, I don't want to hate myself looking in the mirror, I want to be able to look good and be comfortable wearing cute dresses, crop tops, a bikini, etc.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Foot problems.
  • amyelizbeth
    amyelizbeth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1. To become healthier and it to help my asthma
    2. I wanted to feel more confident and happy with my body and my looks
    3. I genuinely started to do it for aesthetic reasons, to look cute in certain clothes
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Many reasons:
    1. Avoid developing chronic health problems
    2. Play with my son
    3. Do more things with my athletic husband
    4. Buy smaller clothes
    5. Like the way I look in the mirror and in pictures
    6. Have second pregnancy be healthier and easier to physically recover from than first
    7. Generally move more easily and feel better
    8. Feel more comfortable in public (move through crowds more easily, fit better in seats, etc.)
  • joannamarie8888
    joannamarie8888 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me and my bf of 2.5 years broke up. I realized after the fact that I was settling and realized that I cant (in the future when I'm ready) seek a man who takes care of himself if I dont. Also, I want to feel and look better for myself and I want to show him what hes missing. I know it's not the correct motivation but if it gets my motivation going, idc. #RevengeBody
  • Kamille68
    Kamille68 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1. To become healthier and get rid of all the health problems I now have.
    2. I want to have a better condition than I now have. I love to walk but am always tired now.
    3. To prove to everyone I can do it(want to be proud, no one believes that I can lose weight)
    But really the most important reason is that I want to become healthy. I have had cancer and I don't want to feel the rest of my life how I'm feeling now. I want a better quality of life for the remaining time. Only for myself not for anyone else.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    to run faster
    to look better naked