How do I break the plateau I'm STUCK on?

Options
Anyone else stuck on the same numbers for a while now? It's a week up a week down but I'm not breaking the numbers. Is my body happy at the current weight? How do I shake things up?

I've increased my exercise to 5 times a week which includes about 30km of running a week a weight session and maybe a spinning class. I like being active helps with my crazy 🤣

I track calories...I'm kind of addicted to scanning things...its so fun lol and keeps me balanced and in control...

Anyone have some advise for me....I'm only looking to crack the last 5kgs....like they say the last few are always the hardest!

I'm open to suggestions!!!

Replies

• chanhorn
    chanhorn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thanks ! Some days I'm not eating my exercise calories and my setting is at 0.75kg a week. Should I drop it to 0.5kg instead ?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    chanhorn wrote: »
    thanks ! Some days I'm not eating my exercise calories and my setting is at 0.75kg a week. Should I drop it to 0.5kg instead ?

No, 0.25kg
  • chanhorn
    Options
    Ok I'll give that a try and see how it goes
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Read the other links above. Then check this one out too. It's a lengthy (but informative) break down of the most common reasons (and the less common) people plateu, and what to do about it.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10691413/help-im-not-losing-any-weight-a-detailed-explanation-why-what-to-do-about-it#latest

Also- with so little to lose it will come off super super slow. Are you using a weight trending app? If not, I would reccomend Libra or Happy scale. This way if you can see if your trend line is moving up or down. If it says down, I can know my weight is coming down, and at what rate. If it ticks up, I know I need to make adjustments to get it going back down again.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    You mentioned scanning, but are you also weighing everything you eat? With so little left to go you don't really have room for error.
  • chanhorn
    Options
    I eat the same food most days and kind of know by judging. Should I start weighing a little to get more strict?
  • chanhorn
    Options
    Will do! I'm 40 in a few weeks and have a goal🙂
  • LoKoMi
    LoKoMi Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes, although I would swap 'strict' for 'precise'.

I LOVE THIS!!! Reminds me of how I feel about a “Spending plan” vs. a “Budget” for my money. Budget feels too much like a list of “NOs”, spending plan helps me tell my money what to do. “Precise” weights and measurements just tell us how many calories of a food fit into our eating plan.

I have just broken though a 2+month plateau. I started back to more accurately weighing and measuring portions, and entering more of my actual recipes rather than guesstimating based on ‘close enough’ foods in the database.

I was pleasantly surprised that I could fit THREE servings of lasagna into a 1,300 calorie day 😋 I was also a little sad to see just how far I had drifted past the 16g/1Tbs of peanut butter on my morning waffle 😭
  • chanhorn
    Options
    Ha ha ha aaah the peanut butter is sad...that's one food that shouldnt be weighed or counted 🤣 so today I changed my per week to .25kg it increased my calorie intake a little and I started being more 'precise' already noticed that bread is very heavy 😱 so there was my first miscalc. But all others so far on point 😃 so motivated to reach my goal by my 40th...I even ran an extra lap tonight ha ha ha