Halo Top

Options

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    DarianJP wrote: »
    Oatmeal cookie is the bees knees. But I prefer Enlightened low calorie ice cream. The peanut butter chocolate flavor is the best, it’s chocolate ice cream with chunky peanut butter swirls. 360 calories for the pint, 90 calories a serving.

Agreed. Holy toledo that Enlightened PB Chocolate is THE JAM. Love that stuff.

I don't really like chocolate peanut butter combo. I don't mind like mini cups sprinkled in ice cream (moose tracks style) but the idea of peanut butter swirled through chocolate ice cream doesn't do it for me.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I loooooove Cookies & Cream! I also recently tried Cinnamon Roll, and it was actually pretty good as well, so if that is something you are interested in I would recommend it. :)
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    get the candy bar flavor. It's my favorite.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Right now pancakes and waffles is my favorite; I'm a sucker for maple flavored just about anything! They also have seasonal flavors - I think right now it's pumpkin pie still, which seems weird. I think of that as a fall thing. But it's tasty!
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Right now pancakes and waffles is my favorite; I'm a sucker for maple flavored just about anything! They also have seasonal flavors - I think right now it's pumpkin pie still, which seems weird. I think of that as a fall thing. But it's tasty!

They also had a fall flavor that was vanilla maple. I could only find it at Lidl, it had a much stronger syrup taste but no swirls like the pancakes and waffles. I tried so hard to find their gingerbread house seasonal flavor with no luck. 😔
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

They also had a fall flavor that was vanilla maple. I could only find it at Lidl, it had a much stronger syrup taste but no swirls like the pancakes and waffles. I tried so hard to find their gingerbread house seasonal flavor with no luck. 😔

Vanilla Maple? I need to try that, as well as the pancakes and waffles. Whole tub. One spoon. One sitting. :D Maybe not, but it's surely better than no ice cream at all.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,789 Member
    Options
    Honestly regular ice cream just tastes too salty to me and gives me night sweats due to the sugar in it. I am in maintenance and have tried both options - small servings of bluebell vs Halotop. HANDS down the bang for the calories is much better with the Halotop. I mean a pint of bb is almost 900 cals and a pint of halo top is 280. If I was tall and my maintenance was higher maybe but for me the trade off - just like PB 2 is worth it. Enlighten and Yasso frozen yogurt are also good.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options

Gingerbread house was like egg nog with gingerbread crumbs throughout. Very tasty, as well as the pumkin pie and peaches and cream flavors. That one had actual peach slices in it.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I just noticed they started stocking this in the supermarket near my house.

It definitely helped me to reduce my calorie intake as when I saw how much they were charging for the stuff I suddenly didn't feel like ice cream anymore.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I also prefer Enlightened over Halo Top, just tried Chilly Cow for the first time though and it was pretty good also.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I love Halo Top but its quite new in the UK so I haven't tried too many flavours. I've enjoyed vanilla, chocolate and salted caramel. Oppo is also good and has a bit more variety here.
  • tarabishop33
    tarabishop33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can say i have tried every single flavor haha and that's a lot. My favorites are the new peanut butter and jelly, the seasonal one you might still find, gingerbread house. Yum yum! But my old regular i gravitate to is pancakes and waffles OR oatmeal cookie. I love every single one of their ice creams:)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Tried the candy bar flavor tonight. It was good, better than cookie dough, but I like the chocolate mocha chip better.

It was on sale again, so picked up candy bar, oatmeal cookie and another chocolate mocha chip.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Cookies and cream was also meh. I suspect I am not a fan of the vanilla base halo top flavors, as I found the cookie dough fairly meh as well.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I tried peanut butter cup this week. It's my boyfriend's new favourite.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I like the birthday cake and cookie dough
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,789 Member
    Options
    Anyone tried the new Night time ice cream? Similar to Halo Top I have heard. About the same calorie count. I haven't seen it in stores yet here in Tx.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I've tried a bunch of Enlightened and Halo Top flavors and finally decided I just don't care for this.

I'm ok with regular ice cream that is reduced fat, but that can still trigger me to eat the whole pint.

Whole milk yogurt with frozen raspberries is something I like that does not trigger me.

While I don't like Klondike Bars nearly as much as Ben & Jerry's, they will satisfy the ice cream itch without triggering me.
  • AmandaHandley1120
    Options
    Peanut butter cup! It’s mostly peanut butter flavor and it is so worth it!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    I tried the oatmeal cookie the other night. It is my third favorite, but I actually found the random dry oats scattered throughout a little off-putting. The flavor was good though.